Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP ProBook 450 G2-Clover
CPU
i7-5500U
Graphics
HD 5500, 1366x768
Hi,

I´m trying to install 10.8(.0) on a GA-Z77m-D3H F12, using the on-board graphics. 2TB HD. I have removed every additional hardware. Monitor connected via VGA.

Here is what I did:

- Adjusted default BIOS optimized defaults to AHCI, HPET enabled.
- Successfully booted in UniBeast stick and installed 10.8 on a 500Mb partition on the HD.
- Booted in UniBeast stick again and did the "boot(0)error" trick, which worked fine:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/25-boot0-error-official-guide.html

Problem:
I´m unable to boot into the once HD, using the UniBeast stick. It hangs at the point the GUI would show up when booting into UniBeast installer. No error message beside "---unknown cpu...", which shouldn´t be an issue here in my understanding.

I was able to boot into the HD via UniBeast, starting with -v -x -s and immediately keep on booting by typing "exit" into the console, but this trick has never worked again.

Before trying to install 10.8.(0), I have tried the same with 10.8.2 from AppStore. In this case, even the UniBeast stick had the issue above (hangs on the very last booting step).

What I have tried:
- -x -s
- PCIRootUID=0
- GraphicsEnabler=No

I have read all Guides for my mobo I found, but nobody has this issue.

If you have a hint for me, please let me know.
Thanx,

Solved:

After twenty times trying to boot I:
- Went to the kitchen
- Made some coffee + drank it
- Came back

-> OSX started successfully by itself. It just takes 20 plus minutes.

Installed from MultiBeast:
- User DSDT" with no DSDT without an .amt file on Desktop
- MacPro 3,1 in system definitions
- AtherosL1cEthernet under networking

Installed my GeForce GT520 hardware and installed all kexts within this zip to get it running successfully:
- "Asus Nvidia GT520 Kext for Mountain Lion 10.8.zip"

(Couldn´t attach the file, search for it here in the forum)

Everything but audio works fine.

ML 10.8 hangs on boot GA-Z77m-D3H - Update

Audio fix:
- Delete AppleHDA (keep backup!)
- Install VoodooHDA 2.7.3

10.8.1 update - 10.8.2 Update

I was able to install 10.8.1 combo update without any issues, no need to reinstall or adjust anything.

The trouble started with the 10.8.2 Update. After installing the 10.8.2 combo update I´m running in the below issues:

- Booting only with -x (kind of the original issue of this therad)
- GT520 Resolution very low -> fixed with reinstalling "Asus Nvidia GT520 Kext for Mountain Lion 10.8.zip" (see above)
- VoodooHDA does not work anymore. Deleted AppleHDA and voodooHDA and reinstalled it with no success. No in- or outputs in System Preferences/Sound
- USB3 ports do not recognize USB2 devices anymore, which has worked fin under 10.8 and 10.8.1. I do not own a USB3 device to test

Even I´m keeping talking to myself here, I´m still thankful for hints.

Booting with -x only

I have tried everything I can think of.

The main issue persists: I can boot in -x mode only.

Have to sleep... :-/

Guess I will roll back to 10.8.1 though.

Still thankful for hints.

Boot in safe mode and delete OEMSMBIOS.kext located at S/L/E/FAKESMC/ (right click fakesmc.kext to show package contents). You should be able to boot normally from your HD after this.

Thanks for answering. There is no OEMSMBIOS.kext in my FAKESMC. I have checked this already. My FAKESMC sits in /Extra/Extensions also.

Boot with -v and see where it stops take a photo and attach.

Find the picture attached.

Attachments

• IMG_0007.jpg
    IMG_0007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 533
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back