Contribute
Register

ML 10.8.2 + Nvidia GTS 450 = Need help with HDMI Audio!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock DeskMini 110
CPU
Intel i3-6100
Graphics
Intel HD530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I'm giving up with HDMI Audio. I need help.

I've done everything I have found here on TonyMacX but still no HDMI Audio.

My desktop system is:
-Zotac H61 mini ITX motherboard.
-Zotac Nvidia GTS 450 2GB.
-8GB 1333 RAM.
-Intel i3-2100 with HD2000.
-Samsung 250GB SSD.
-Broadcom 4321 miniPCIe WLAN 802.11n.

SMBIOS with MacPro3,1
Boot.plist with GE=1

I installed using an iMac11,2 that I have. Installed 10.8.2 to external SSD. Finished installation on iMac. And just before installing the SSD to my Desktop, I installed Multibeast ML EasyBeast.

Partial Speedstep and full Graphics Acceleration and Graphics Power Panagement since the first run. Always connected through HDMI.

You can find my latest version of DSDT with hacks and fixes. And 2 ioreg files: before and after DSDT.

But still no HDMI Audio.

USB3 and Internal HD2000 graphics are disabled in BIOS. I haven't tried to use them.

Added or patched Kexts on my SLE:
-AppleRTC.kext (patched)
-AppleHDA.kext (patched for ALC892)
-EvOreboot.kext
-FakeSMC.kext with Plugins
-NullCPUPowerManagement.kext
-RealtekRTL81xx.kext

Help is greatly appreciated :)

PS Notes:
-I also have a Nvidia GT 430 1GB. Have exchanged the cards several times with same results. Full Graphics Acceleration and Power Management, but no HDMI Audio.
-I've tried VoodooHDA already; but on my system it is buggy and with random freezes on startup.

Attachments

• ZotacH61-DSDT.zip
    680.8 KB · Views: 103
I've done everything I have found here on TonyMacX but still no HDMI Audio.
Everything!!! Not one step listed above has anything to do with HDMI audio. Try" Mountain Lion HDMI Audio".

Hi Toleda,

Thank you for taking time to reply. But if you check the DSDT I atached, I tried that approach. And neither the GT430 nor the GTS450 showed HDMI outputs on the Sound Preference panel.

The AppleHDA patched for ALC892 works extremely well.

Curiously enough, the HDAU with the corresponding 4 HDMI outputs do appear in the ioreg. You can check the attached files if you have time.

But the HDMI outputs are no where to be found on the control panel.

Than you for replying in any case.

Thank you for taking time to reply. But if you check the DSDT I atached, I tried that approach. And neither the GT430 nor the GTS450 showed HDMI outputs on the Sound Preference panel.
If the dsdt is correct, GT 430 HDMI audio would work. If no HDMI audio, something in the dsdt is wrong. Not clear what method you used; suggest HD3000_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit in Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT on a fresh dsdt.aml (no HDMI edits).

ML HDMI audio does not support the GTS 450; an invalid audio-codec-index value is assigned. There is a non ML solution that works in ML. Install AppleHDA.kext from Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA. Edit dsdt/HDEF/layout-id to 0x7c, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00. Note: the binary edit disables GT 430 HDMI audio.

GTS 450 edit:
AppleHDA binary
find: 14 00 de 10
replace: 15 00 de 10 (4x)

More info, see AppleHDA Binary Edit, Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3b: Kext Edits - Nvidia

Recommend:
1. get HDMI audio to work with the GT 430 to verify dsdt
2. install the edited Interim AppleHDA, the edited dsdt and the GTS 450.

Fantastic stuff!!!

It worked exactly like you said it would. And it works incredibly well.

I have attached my last DSDT for ALC892; the corresponding ioreg file; and, Interims AppleHDA edited for Nvidia GTS 450 for anyone else interested.

Thank you again for taking time to help me out!!!

Good day! :)

Attachments

• Zotac-H61-ITX.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 138
I have upgraded to a nVidia GTX 650.

Would the same Interim AppleHDA method work for HDMI audio on the GTX650?
How can I find out which numbers I have to patch on the AppleHDA?

TheMountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT method does not work on my system. It did not work for the GT 430 and the GTS 450. But Interims AppleHDA method did work on the later two. I just need to know which numbers to patch.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• ZotacH61_GTX650.zip
    372.9 KB · Views: 74
Would the same Interim AppleHDA method work for HDMI audio on the GTX650?
How can I find out which numbers I have to patch on the AppleHDA?
Had not heard of a HDMI audio issue with the 650.

For Interim, try:
AppleHDA binary
find: 14 00 de 10
replace: 42 00 de 10 (4x)

For ML 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext, try
AppleHDAController binary
find: de 10 ea 0b
replace: de 10 1b 0e (2x)

Hi Toleda,

I again thank you for taking time to read my post.

HDMI doesn't work.
Zotac H61 mini ITX
Zotac GTX 650 2GB -2 DVI and 2 HDMI-
Mac OS X 10.8.2.
Intel i3-2100 with HD2000 graphics -but it is disabled in Bios-.

Graphics acceleration and Power Management work OOB with MacPro3,1.

I'll write down what I have tried:

- GraphicsEnabler=Yes leads to a blank screen just before the Desktop. Can't do more than hardware reset after that.

- GraphicsEnabler=No leads to full OOB graphics. Even without DSDT. -I'm not sure if OpenCL is fully active though.

- Original Interim AppleHDA.kext with DSDT 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 gives alc892 audio but no HDMI.

- Patched Interim AppleHDA.kext with DSDT 0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00 gives alc892 audio but also no HDMI.

- Original 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1 with DSDT 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 gives nothing.

- Patched 10.8.2 AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1 with DSDT 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 gives nothing.

- Original Multibeast AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1 for Alc892 with DSDT 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 gives alc892 audio but no HDMI.

- Patched Multibeast AppleHDA.kext 2.3.1 for Alc892 with DSDT 0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00 gives alc892 audio but no HDMI.

And to see if everything was working I installed VoodooHDA 2.7.6. Audio is recognized and HDMI is present and working. But it is quite buggy with unwanted noise everywhere in the analog audio. So I am not considering it an option. I just wanted to see if it worked.

In the same drive I have a partition with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit installed. As expected, HDMI audio works. But the ports for HDMI are ports 3 and 4. Could that be an issue?

In any case, thank you again for taking time to view my post.

Greetings.

I'll write down what I have tried:
Not a good use of your time.
Nvidia 6xx/GE=No, documented
Native AppleHDA.kext/No audio, documented.
MultiBeast 892/audio working documented
Interim 892/audio working documented.

I requested two experiments and got nothing to help solve the problem.
Attach IORegs for
1. Patched Interim
2. Patched MultiBeat

Hi Toleda,

Thank you again for taking time to review my HDMI dilema.

I have upgraded to 10.8.3 using the combo installer. Everything works great. It is just the HDMI that does not work for my GTX650.

Attached are the files to requested.

Attachments

• zotacH61-DSDT-AppleHDAGTX650-ioreg.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back