Contribute
Register

Mixing Processors and Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Tuff Gaming
CPU
i7 << need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My current build is: Randy's Hack TUF H370-Pro Gaming WIFI | i7 8086K | GeForce Other, however, since NVIDIA is pretty much a lost cause, I'm in need of a beefy graphics card (used for 3D animation and rendering), which will work with my i7 processor. The cards listed are AMD and I wasn't sure if they would be compatible.

My current build is: Randy's Hack TUF H370-Pro Gaming WIFI | i7 8086K | GeForce Other, however, since NVIDIA is pretty much a lost cause, I'm in need of a beefy graphics card (used for 3D animation and rendering), which will work with my i7 processor. The cards listed are AMD and I wasn't sure if they would be compatible.
MacOS works with AMD graphics cards like RX 580 (Mojave and later) and RX 5700 XT (Catalina and later) (but not the most recent RX 6000 series yet) so you can get those and know they will work.

However, due to the recent cryptocurrency boom, it is not really a good time to invest in a new (especially AMD) graphics card, with lack of stock and prices rising everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back