Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I currently have a setup with two nvidia cards (9500 GT and 8400 GS) and I would like to get rid of the 8400GS and replace it with an ATI 5770. My setup is 100% DSDT.

Is it possible to have both a nVidia card an ATI in the same system?

Same here !!!

I've got a 5770 HD and just been given a 8800GTS - can I have both cards at the same time?

notshy said:
Same here !!!

I've got a 5770 HD and just been given a 8800GTS - can I have both cards at the same time?

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. Because it's not possible. You can do 2 ATIs or 2 NVIDIAs, but I've never heard of one of each.

I think it's too big a project to get it to work given the amount of work it has taken already to get Chameleon to display one card at a time.

hevisko said:
tonymacx86 said:
notshy said:
Same here !!!

Short answer: No.

Long answer: No. Because it's not possible. You can do 2 ATIs or 2 NVIDIAs, but I've never heard of one of each.

Not possible as in: MacOSX not supporting it?

People are using the ATI + NVidia in Windows (YEs, succesfully ran Windows 7 with GTS250 + HD5770 each displaying different monitors) for the use of the CUDA/PhysX stuff of the NVIDIA while displaying on the ATI (Okay, fun stuff w.r.t. the nVidia drivers disabling CUDA/PhysX when it detects ATI and how to fix that)

Yes, wants to do the same thing myself :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back