Contribute
Register

Missing kext for external USB audio?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard or system make & model > See Rules!
CPU
i7-4970K
Graphics
GTX 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey guys,

I use an audio-gd NFB-11 which is an external USB DAC. It works on my MacBook Pro laptop, but not on my Hackintosh. I can't figure out how to identify which kext the laptop is using to drive the DAC.

Any help?

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I use an audio-gd NFB-11 which is an external USB DAC. It works on my MacBook Pro laptop, but not on my Hackintosh. I can't figure out how to identify which kext the laptop is using to drive the DAC.

Any help?

Thanks!

I don't have anything beyond the USB driver for my Mic USB sound system. I thought they worked out the box. Clearly not!

Check its recognised (or not) when you go to the Audio section in System Report

Screen Shot 2015-04-25 at 21.30.39.png

Rob

Are they both on the same version of OSX ? (The hack and the mac..)

Switching from 10.9.1 to 10.9.4 and 5 messed up one of my Generic USB 2.0 Webcam.
It was supported on 10.9.1 but no longer (I'm not on 10.10.3)

Yes, they are both 10.10.3. Really strange! The Hack went straight to 10.10.3, but the MBP started on 10.10.0 and upgraded with each patch. Maybe the kext is a leftover? not sure. The manufacturer says that the box needs no driver on OS X cause it works out of the box.

For now I have it plugged in through the onboard audio via optical, and that's working better than it did on the MBP with USB anyway. Still, very strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back