Motherboard
z170x-UD5-th
CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
Nvidia GTX980ti
Mac
  1. iMac
I my quest to resolve my imessage problem I keep seeing people talk about making modifications to the org.chamelion.plist file in the extra folder. When I go there I don't see that file. Not sure why, I used the Multibeast 5.5.1 install. I installed with no dsdt and I'm running chimera 2.2. I have a z77x-up4-th board. Other than the imessage problem I'm running just fine. Does anyone know why that file isn't there?

I my quest to resolve my imessage problem I keep seeing people talk about making modifications to the org.chamelion.plist file in the extra folder. When I go there I don't see that file. Not sure why, I used the Multibeast 5.5.1 install. I installed with no dsdt and I'm running chimera 2.2. I have a z77x-up4-th board. Other than the imessage problem I'm running just fine. Does anyone know why that file isn't there?

It is /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist

It's not there here's what I have

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 6.23.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 6.23.59 PM.png
    94.7 KB · Views: 166
It's not there here's what I have

If it is not there, it means you removed it or never created it in the first place (eg. didn't select Multibeast options that create it).

Or it could be hidden. What is the output of:
Code:
# in Terminal
ls -l /Extra

Here's what was generated. I think you are correct about the Multibeast selections. I was just looking at that and saw that most of the boot options generates that file. Not sure what I need in there because the machine is working great

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 6.50.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-10-02 at 6.50.10 PM.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 102
Here's what was generated. I think you are correct about the Multibeast selections. I was just looking at that and saw that most of the boot options generates that file. Not sure what I need in there because the machine is working great

Without the file you get the defaults, which in your case is working. If you need to add options to it, you can use Chameleon Wizard to create one, or you can use this which is an empty plist:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
</dict>
</plist>

New options (key/value pairs) go between the <dict> and </dict>.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back