Contribute
Register

Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been trying to install Yosemite on this for a couple of days, and it keeps hanging at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Tranport!" (pic) From what I've read, this is usually a video card issue. After hours of methodically trying different boot options & variations on things, this is where I'm at:

• I have deleted every NVDA, GeForce, and Intel*Graphics kext on the installer
  • I have deleted every other AMD/ATI kext & only kept AMD7000Controller, AMDFramebuffer, and AMDSupport kexts
  • boot flags: -v npci=0x3000 GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Ikura
  • note, nv_disable=1 makes it hang at [PCI Configuration Begin]
But so far, no joy. I *did* manage to get Mavericks to install on this machine, but Mavericks doesn't have support for the wireless card. So, here we are trying to get Yosemite to work.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated. Many Thanks!

My config:
CPU: 2x Intel Xeon E5-2620 V3 2.4GHz 6-Core Processor
Memory: 64GB Black Diamond ECC DDR4 (4x16GB)
Motherboard: Gigabyte MD70-HB1 EATX Dual-CPU LGA2011-3 Motherboard
Storage: Mushkin Reactor 1TB 2.5" Solid State Drive
Video Card: VisionTek Radeon HD 7750 2GB Video Card
Optical Drive: Pioneer BDR-2207 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer
Wireless Network Adapter: TP-Link Archer T8E 802.11a/b/g/n/ac PCI-Express x1 Wi-Fi Adapter

What a config for a hackintosh build :clap:
You could buy a real mac though with the cost i guess :mrgreen:
Any way, May be this could help for fixing the issue. (Not sure, but i solve my build in this way :p)

1. Make a clean Yosemite USB installer using Unibeast and DO NOT remove any kext from the installer.
2. Remove any extra device attached with the pc.
3. Boot using -v -x npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 and Install OS X
4. After successful installation, reboot from usb again and back to chimera command prompt.
5. Boot as single user mode by using -v -s npci=0x3000
6. mount your HD by entering "/sbin/mount -uw /" without quote in the root prompt
7. Enter the following command in the root prompt:

cd /System/Library/Extensions (press enter)
mkdir intel_back (Press enter)
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/ (press enter)
touch ../Extensions (press enter)
reboot (press enter)

8. Reboot again from USB and back to Chimera Command prompt
9. Boot using -v npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0

And the problem should be solved.

Cheers.

I could buy a real mac at that cost, but not one with these specs ;)

1. Make a clean Yosemite USB installer using Unibeast and DO NOT remove any kext from the installer.
2. Remove any extra device attached with the pc.
3. Boot using -v -x npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=0 and Install OS X
I appreciate your input, but this is where I started at yesterday. A clean installer hangs at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport!" & the install never actually happens. Understand, I didn't just decide "Hey I'll delete a bunch of stuff for no reason". I've gone through a very methodical process & spent hours digging through google searches to get to where I'm at.

At this point, I want to understands *why* this hang happens. I'll be happy to create a clean installer & try some new boot options once I'm confident that I understand the actual problem.

When I searched yesterday I found most people that had this problem had some problem with their NVidia graphics driver. One notable exception was a guy who was having problems with FakeSMC loading. My FakeSMC seems to be loading just fine. I don't have an NVIdia card, so I went through a variety of boot options:

• I tried with -v -x npci=0x3000. PCIRootUID defaults to zero. This is where we started. MBCT hang
  • Next -v -x npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1. MBCT hang. Since the behavior didn't change I left PCIRootUID at the default from here on out.
  • Next -v -x nv_disable=1 npci=0x3000 | npci=0x2000. For some reason nv_disable made it hang at [PCI Configuration Begin], so I abandoned that.
  • Next I tried with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes. It was back to hanging at "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport", but I noticed it didn't seem to pick up the correct AMD 7750 personality, it was showing 4 ports instead of 6.
  • So I tried with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=OPM (one of the personalities with 6 ports). Instant halt with 0xdeadbeef
  • So I tried with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Ikura (the other personality with 6 ports). It booted, but once again stopped when it reached "Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport".
  • So I tried with -v -x cpus=1 GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Ikura in case it was a problem with my CPUs / VoodooTSC setting. Same MBCT hang, so I feel that's not relevant.
  • Then I remembered I had to physically remove the NVidia kexts from the Mavericks installer to get it past the beachball. So I removed the kexts from the Yosemite Installer. Same MBCT hang.

And now here I am, trying to figure out what else could be relevant

• So I tried with -v -x GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=OPM (one of the personalities with 6 ports). Instant halt with 0xdeadbeef

Have your tried -no-zp with the above combination?

Another thing you can try (probably not a wise one, but who knows ;-) )
Remove your PCIe and try with the built in vga.

Cheers.

Last edited:
I tried the built-in VGA earlier in the game, there was no joy there. What is -no-zp?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back