Contribute
Register

MiNn0w GA-Z68AP-D3 - Core i5-2500K - 16GB - HD6850 - Lion/W7

Status
Not open for further replies.
crazyjoedavola said:
Thanks for the write up! I went out and bought almost the exact system and it works perfectly. NO ISSUES. :D Everything is installed! Here's my setup...

Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Motherboard
Sandy Bridge i5 2500K CPU
XFX Black Edition Radeon 6870 1 GB
8 GB 1333 7-7-7-21 G-Skill Ram
1 TB WD Caviar Black Hard Drive
LG DVD-CD Writer
650 TR2 PSU

Nice setup! :)

Rage. Due to some noise I am considering this case instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146071 . I think it looks wonderful, it has padded walls and it comes in black as well.

Hi guys. I have the same Motherboard rev2 with FD bios. sadly I am not able to wake it from sleep. On wake the computer reboots. I am using GS8400 graphics card in PCIx16 slot.

Anyone else come across same issues?

Are you guys able to upload ur DSDT please?

dakku said:
Hi guys. I have the same Motherboard rev2 with FD bios. sadly I am not able to wake it from sleep. On wake the computer reboots. I am using GS8400 graphics card in PCIx16 slot.

Anyone else come across same issues?

Hiya.

I'm sorry, but I have had no issues regarding sleep mode. Have you tried using the onboard HDMI or other drivers for your GS8400? Which OS are you on?

Here's my DSDT, but I doubt it will do you any good as it is for FB. - http://diab0lic.org/DSDT-GA-Z68AP-D3-2.x-FB.aml .

minn0w said:
I'm sorry, but I have had no issues regarding sleep mode.

That is excellent mate, did you install it with multibeast? could you please provide a zip of your extras folder? (i hope thats ok)

minn0w said:
Have you tried using the onboard HDMI or other drivers for your GS8400? Which OS are you on?

Tried onboard last night, same issue. I am running 10.7.3 - native GPU works fine.

minn0w said:
Here's my DSDT, but I doubt it will do you any good as it is for FB. - http://diab0lic.org/DSDT-GA-Z68AP-D3-2.x-FB.aml .

I can always downgrade back to FB bios, I assume that is the only difference? I am running TonyMac DSDT for the FB bios. Is urs the same?

Do not post your /Extra folder. It has a system serial number, which MultiBeast generates, which the iCloud and MAS uses. Two different user accounts on iCloud & MAS with the same serial number with different IP address may cause problems.

Posting your /Extra folder is not necessary, either. Use the MultiBeast screen snapshot in the original post as MultiBeast takes care of the /Extra folder.

If you did change the information in the /Extra files, just copy the specific information which you've edited into a replay post using the Code editor brackets.

Sorry I didn't know about the SN thing. Are u able to provide a screenshot of ur kexts?

Thank you so much for your help.. here is what I did to fix the issue..

- reverted back the BIOS to FB
- made installer with Unibeast
- reinstalled Lion 10.7.0
- installed Multibeast with userDSDT (dsdt from TonyMac - using FB bios version)
- installed ALC8xxHDA + AppleHDA Rollback
- installed Realtek Gigabyte drivers (official AppleRLT8169Ethernet.kext)
- installed macpro 3.1 smbios

SLEEP WORKS :D :D

If I use macpro 4.1 or macpro 5.1 I get a kernel Panic. I have a i5 2500k SB. Are there any other smbios versions that will work without kp?

no USB keyboard on wake :(
I have aluminium slim apple wired keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back