Contribute
Register

Mini USB wifi adapter compatibility with os x mojave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello there my friend. I got a Netis WF2120 for myself, after reading your post to use it with HP Probook 6470b based Mojave Hackintosh, but I can't find a way to install the drivers. I have downloaded the Mac drivers from the page you mentioned, but cannot get passed the Select a destination screen of the installation. See the attached photo.

How did you manage to install it?
I have the same problems..

I purchased the USB-AC53 Nano hoping it would be as easy to get working as some of these posts made it sound. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work.

With just the macOS drivers, nothing appeared in the Network preferences. After installing the ASUS drivers (DR_USB_AC53_Nano_ v1830.15.b11.05262017_FCCIC), I get "802.11ac NIC Not Connected" "Cable unplugged".

Not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot this. Any pointers appreciated.

macOS X 10.15 Catalina finally borked 32-bit apps and drivers, so the official ASUS driver no longer works.

Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover from https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover works, so that's what I switched to. It's 64-bits, so I think I'll be able to use my USB-AC53 Nano until Apple next disables third party kexts (hopefully never).

I purchased the USB-AC53 Nano hoping it would be as easy to get working as some of these posts made it sound. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get it to work.

With just the macOS drivers, nothing appeared in the Network preferences. After installing the ASUS drivers (DR_USB_AC53_Nano_ v1830.15.b11.05262017_FCCIC), I get "802.11ac NIC Not Connected" "Cable unplugged".

Not sure where to go from here to troubleshoot this. Any pointers appreciated.
On Mojave I didn't have any problems. On Catalina I did have to install this drivers: https://github.com/chris1111/Wireless-USB-Adapter-Clover

I managed to fix my WiFi with the help of this info page, many thanks everyone. I don't know the brand of my adapter but the TP-Link driver works perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back