Contribute
Register

Mini-ITX build with h77 / sandy bridge i5: graphics issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed those instructions and somehow it's STILL not working. Getting stuck at the apple grey screen, frozen.

rebooting now with verbose mode.

EDIT:

rebooting with verbose mode gets me stuck at the same point I was at earlier:
sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1052

By the way, I edited my Bios so they match with these settings:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html

Getting really frustrated.

Any idea on what to do?

Dont get frustrated, take a break. Ping the guy the in below link and get the BIOS settings.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audi...000-hdmi-audio-sleep-issues-2.html#post467408

If possible just do a post installation with only basic stuff.

UserDSDT (with the DSDT i gave you)
FakeSMC
nullcpupowermanagement
LAN drivers for internet
system Mac min

Boot back into safemode and change the 10.8.2 kext.

Edit : Just checked your DSDT and i see the audio codes are changed. Do the above post installation. Dont install audio we can fix that later. I will send u a new DSDT.

ok, I'll rerun Multibeast with those settings.

One thing I realized I wasn't sure about: when I'm doing these reboots should I be letting the system reboot from the USB ML or from the computer's ML? I've been using the USB ML. Maybe that is causing all these problems? D'oh.

lol, the pain here is from the unusual combination of 2nd generation CPU on a 7 series motherboard+10.8.2+2TB hard drive.

Take a break, start fresh tomorrow. If you have a spare hard drive of less then 1TB use it for OSX installation.
Once you know how to boot the system after post installation you can troubleshot later.

I'll keep the DSDT ready.

hey all,

I was finally able to get this build up and running. I attached the DSDT file that MiniITX so graciously made for me.

The process was as follows:

-install from Unibeast thumb drive
-run Multibeast with the following settings (see attached screenshot)
-use kextbeast to install the the appleHDA.kext (also attached below)
-follow boot0 error guide that tonymac detailed (my hard drive was partitioned down to 2gb but this still happened, fyi)
-that's it!

I was also having troubles initially because I was using a VGA-DVI adapter and that was screwing up the install of the internal intel HD3000 graphics.

This build is pretty similar to the custom mini-mac that Tony Mac recently detailed on the front page.

If anyone has any questions, let me know and I'll do my best to answer them.

thanks again to Mini-ITX for all the help!

Attachments

• to put on desktop for hackintosh install.zip
    875.1 KB · Views: 108
  • multibeast settings.png
    multibeast settings.png
    85 KB · Views: 261
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back