Contribute
Register

Mini-ITX build with h77 / sandy bridge i5: graphics issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, can I partition the HD before installing ML? I tried doing this before and it seemed to cause problems, though maybe those problems were caused by other things.

I'd prefer to have a partition if possible, as it's a big drive (2 TB).

You don't have to change anything in the graphics part it should pretty much work OOB.

If you use a Hard drive lesser then 1TB for boot OSX then you can avoid this Boot 0 issue.
I am not sure about the partitioning hard drive try it.

Got a boot0 error.

Trying to resolve it now with the boot0 error guide.

Well, I followed the boot0 error guide, rebooted normally and got a frozen apple grey startup screen.

I was asked to install the ethernet driver after I installed Multibeast. should I have not done that?

I'm booting up now in verbose mode to see what the issue was. the last few lines are:

USBF: 15.223 AppleUSBEHCI......found a transaction past the completion deadline on bux 0x1a, timing out!
macx_swapon SUCCESS

I can try it again changing my BIOS settings, though I think they are fairly correct? What do you think I should do? I could also try it again without partitioning the drive, though I'm not sure why that would be causing errors. It doesn't make sense that the boot0 error is happening at all because I'm installing ML on a partition that is only 200gb.

thanks.

Booting with GraphicsEnabler=No boot flag didn't work either.

My BIOS settings:

running version f2
boot option #1 is set to UFEI

Intel Virtualization Technology is disabled

SATA mode selection: AHCI
xHCI mode: disabled

Internal graphics: enabled
internal graphics memory size: 64m

xHCI hand-off: enabled

When I boot up with -v -x -F, it stops at ACPI_SMC_Platformplugin timed out.

Gonna start over again and see if it helps to not have the partition (sadly).

Booted into safe mode, downloaded that kext and moved it to the desktop, installed it via kext drop, rebooted.

and still getting a frozen apple screen. I forgot to repair permissions!!!

Now its not even letting me reboot into safe mode. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back