Contribute
Register

MINI-GUIDE for new ProBook installs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SSDT is required to tell OS X about your CPU's power management. It has nothing to do with a screen. Unless you are talking Mini-SSDTs which are like small, but separate DSDT patches used temporarily until you have a full patched DSDT.
Yes I agree with you on both. And yet we're both right ;) SSDT isn't required for a first boot, right? And after I upgraded my screen and when I upgraded my CPU I wanted to generate a new DSDT, booting without DSDT resulted in a green unworkable screen. Only after I removed the SSDT I could extract the DSDT. So yes, in a way I am talking mini-SSDTs here.

Yes I agree with you on both. And yet we're both right ;) SSDT isn't required for a first boot, right? And after I upgraded my screen and when I upgraded my CPU I wanted to generate a new DSDT, booting without DSDT resulted in a green unworkable screen. Only after I removed the SSDT I could extract the DSDT. So yes, in a way I am talking mini-SSDTs here.

I think the wording in this guide is "first install," not "first boot."

Because you have 1080p upgrade on your 4530s, next time you want to boot without DSDT, use the Mini-SSDT-DualLink.aml (install it as /Extra/ssdt-1.aml, since you would already have an /Extra/ssdt.aml that has your CPU info). The Mini SSDTs are at my 4530s patches github repo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back