1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I successfully installed 10.9.1 using unibeast/multibeast (easy beast - no DSDT). I first installed it with Nvidia GTX 580. Works without problem on dual monitors (HP ZR24w-DVI and DELL U2412M-displayport).

I added Gigabyte Radeon 7970 (GV-R797TO-3GD - GHz edition) - this one is in 2nd slot (GTX 580 is in first slot).
Only DVI works on Radeon. If I connect mini displayport to display port on DellU2412M - only black screen.
It works with no problem if HP is connected to Radeon via DVI and Dell is connected to Nvidia via display port.

I would like to use Radeon as display card for both monitors (and playing some games) and use Nvidia just for CUDA (Blender).

So my question is how can I enable minidisplay port on Radeon 7970?

I have nothing to help but I have your same problem (I think - I don't know if I get anything on the DVI, but I get a system hang a.k.a. black screen if I try to boot my GA HD 6850 on my GA Z77 mobo DSDT-free).

I've tried all versions of AtiConfig, AtiPorts, PCIRootUID, and GraphicsEnabler in my boot.plist with no love. I did determine that one of my driver kexts, AMD6000Controller.kext, was corrupted when I installed, so I installed a clean version and made sure my device id (0x67391002 for my card) was in the right place.

Now I'm going to take another pass through my drivers and see if maybe my AMDRadeonX3000.kext also got corrupted or is missing the device id. I'll also see if I get output on the DVI port.

Fortunately I can use the Intel internal HD4000 GPU without issue, but my 6850 is just sitting in there wasted for now.

Follow-up:

I resolved my issue by disabling internal graphics in the BIOS. I also set display init to PEG and booted with only one monitor connected to DVI out but I'm not sure that was necessary.

I reread your question and I'm not sure this will help but you could manually set AtiPorts to x where x is the number of ports on your Radeon card (3, 4, 5?). AtiPorts=4, for example. Either at boot or in the boot plist. The thing is that Radeon cards seem to want GraphicsEnabler=Yes (the default) while nVidia cards seem to want GraphicsEnabler=No. But if you are getting output from both cards, but only one port on the Radeon? I would think setting AtiPorts might help.

i have a sapphire r9 280x, i lost my dual-dvi output with update to 10.9.2

i have 2 x 27" Monitors connected to both mini DP Ports, i get full resolution (2560x1440) and luxmark are still high with 2300 points.

I am using clover bootloader and i had to enable ATIInject with AJI Framebuffer, noIPGU is enabled on my system.

maybe it helps to share the info.

Interesting. I started a thread about my Tahiti LE 7870, essentially a crippled version of the 7950. I am unable to get anything but a black screen when using target display mode to my iMac. I get the boot up screen with the spinning gear, but as soon as it gets to where the login screen would be, the iMac's screen goes black. I have tried as many variations in the Gigabyte Z77 bios as I can think of and tried playing around with Clover's config.plist but so far, no joy. Elsewhere I have seen people saying faulty mini display port cable, but it works fine in Ubuntu Linux and Windows 8 and seems fine during boot up until the login screen. I can't see anything obvious in -v verbose boot mode.

i have a sapphire r9 280x, i lost my dual-dvi output with update to 10.9.2

i have 2 x 27" Monitors connected to both mini DP Ports, i get full resolution (2560x1440) and luxmark are still high with 2300 points.

I am using clover bootloader and i had to enable ATIInject with AJI Framebuffer, noIPGU is enabled on my system.

maybe it helps to share the info.
I will have another go, I think I have already done this, though not the frame buffer part unless it is a default setting? A quick search and it appears the AJI frame buffer is the default? I should add that I don't have a DSDT file. Could you share those parts of your config.plist, thanks! :)

here my config.plist from clover (only graphics part)

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Aji</string>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<false/>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<false/>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>

I am not sure if it has anything to do with, but i am using a DSDT file to enable onboard Sound for HDMI.
as i understand the high defintion audio driver is also effecting DP Port. So maybe there is your problem?

here my config.plist from clover (only graphics part)

<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>FBName</key>
<string>Aji</string>
<key>LoadVBios</key>
<false/>
<key>VideoPorts</key>
<integer>4</integer>
<key>PatchVBios</key>
<false/>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<true/>
</dict>
</dict>

I am not sure if it has anything to do with, but i am using a DSDT file to enable onboard Sound for HDMI.
as i understand the high defintion audio driver is also effecting DP Port. So maybe there is your problem?
After some experimentation trying to insert edit into my the plist, I went with your formatting and the Aji framebuffer seems to work. Thanks for that. I have to unplug my Dell"s monitor's DVI or, on the iMac at the log in screen, I instead get a grey screen. No amount of playing around in System Preferences /Displays seemed to change that, unless I set to mirror, in which case I get the log in at the 23" Dell's lower res and dimensions on the iMac, and then once I at the desktop I select for iMac. I also found a list of other framebuffer personalities to try, here - http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-cards-framebuffer-personalities.html but so far it's working with VLC and Youtube. No sound, I use VoodooHDA with external speakers/headphones because my particular Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H-TH has the incompatible VIA sound chip/codec. Sound doesn't work via HDMI on my television, so I will have to make a DSDT.aml. I haven't played around with DSDT for years. Is there a tool that automates the generation? Thanks for your suggestions, it's good to be typing this via the iMac's screen.

i am using GA-Z77 D3H and i found a working appleHDA.kext which works with a DSDT file for my mainboard.

you need a working appleHDA driver that you get DP and HDMI Audio working. Maybe this is a solution to get DP Ports working with all resolutions and screen setups.

good luck

i read in another forum, that 10.9.3 beta is working again with hd7970 and r9 280x on all connectors, no frambuffer games etc ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back