Contribute
Register

Mini display port show color lines when resolution changed to 4k on HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pixel density of a TV is too low for the text to look good when running macOS or Windows. Especially those TVs 40 inches and up. They are designed to make video images look good, not small text. What is the brand and size of the TV ? Does it have a PC mode that you could try ?

See this article: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor

I have the LG 43"UK6300. Its 4k has a PC mode with 4:4:4 and HDR. The TV is setup with my Macbook Air 2015 and give me 3860X2160 Resolution at 60Hz with no problem. The 4k videos play at 60fps and are smooth. Tried the same setup with my Hack. It works smooth on 1080p. The Scaled option for the display shows 3860X2160, but on selecting, the whole mess starts. As I mentioned the Display works great on Windows boot with 4k Res. Therefore my Logical thinking is the Hardware maybe fine and there is some setting issue in the Clover/Mac OSX. Thank you so much for replying each time.

Well, I'm out of ideas as to why it won't work with macOS at a resolution higher than 1080p. Possibly @toleda may have an answer for you.

I don't think he has signed in yet today so hopefully he will check the Graphics forum and see your thread once he does later on today.

I got a GTX 1050 and installed it. I get 1080p resolution. It shows 3840/2160 as well as 2560X1440. but Choosing either of these, blanks out the screen and the system needs to be rebuilt. Please help. What am I missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back