Contribute
Register

Mini display port show color lines when resolution changed to 4k on HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I hope and pray that he would see this. Is there anyway I can ping him and request him to see this post. Thanks
You would need 75 posts to be able to PM someone. Even then we don't allow using the message system for individual help. What you can do is upload your Clover Config.plist for review. Also tell us what specific version of macOS you are running.

You would need 75 posts to be able to PM someone. Even then we don't allow using the message system for individual help. What you can do is upload your Clover Config.plist for review. Also tell us what specific version of macOS you are running.

I am on Sierra 10.12.6. I have attached the clover config.plist. Appreciate your help very much. Thanks

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.3 KB · Views: 173
Screen Shot 3.jpg

This is not the ideal choice of SMBIOS. You have a desktop system that is closest to iMac 13,1 or 13,2. Uncheck the Mobile box and switch to one of the iMac system defs. then reboot and try again.

View attachment 341227

This is not the ideal choice of SMBIOS. You have a desktop system that is closest to iMac 13,1 or 13,2. Uncheck the Mobile box and switch to one of the iMac system defs. then reboot and try again.

I changed the SMBIOS to imac 13,1 with i7 processor. and the system boots and but the screen is as attached. It something but not enough. Something I am missing. Please help. Thanks

IMG_1118.JPG

Try unchecking the box for Load Vbios and then reboot and see what effect it has.

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Try a lower 1080p resolution and see if it works normally.

1080p at 60 Hz worked from the very first time. But at 1080p resolution in the big screen, the fonts and words look brittle and broken and causes strain in the eye over a period of time. Do you think it has something to do with Dual Link and Mother board bandwidth. Thanks

1080p at 60 Hz worked from the very first time. But at 1080p resolution in the big screen, the fonts and words look brittle and broken and causes strain in the eye over a period of time. Do you think it has something to do with Dual Link and Mother board bandwidth. Thanks
The pixel density of a TV is too low for the text to look good when running macOS or Windows. Especially those TVs 40 inches and up. They are designed to make video images look good, not small text. What is the brand and size of the TV ? Does it have a PC mode that you could try ?

See this article: https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back