Contribute
Register

Migrating to OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hackintool can create an ACPI dump, from your Utilities tab.

You may have to install Python for SSDTTime to work in macOS.

Hackintool can create an ACPI dump, from your Utilities tab.

You may have to install Python for SSDTTime to work in macOS.
SSDTTime will also check for python and give you the option to download and install :)

Is Ventura the first macOS without python already installed?. When opening SSDTTime, Propertree or gibMacOS after a clean Ventura installation I'm asked If I would like to install Python within Terminal.

Is Ventura the first macOS without python already installed?
Older macOS versions have had a 2.x version of Python that often needed to be ugpraded to a 3.x version. May be the case still with Ventura ? I'm not running it currently.

Is Ventura the first macOS without python already installed?. When opening SSDTTime, Propertree or gibMacOS after a clean Ventura installation I'm asked If I would like to install Python within Terminal.
I cleaned installed Monterey and it asked the same

I don't think I got the message in Monterey. I just remember reading something last year about Python being part of the macOS installation, but I guess since the transition to Apple Silicon... What is nice though is that it knows which Python to install more than I do.

macIASL can load up your DSDT, then you can save that and then use it for SDDTTime
Thanks! That is what I used at first, but forgot what it was.

Is it normal to get some duplicates that have to be deleted to compile and then save? I had about 8 duplicate in one of the case statements. Think that is about what I had when I did it before.

Ok create my Plug.aml file and everything looks to be spot on. Still have to finish setting up Logic Pro and a few other things. My Logitech Camera/Mic worked without any updates

yeah my fresh install of Monterey required Python3 installed along with Xcode.

Last edited:
Hmmm, now the system isn't seeing the Windows installer USB. Maybe I am doing something wrong. That section is a little confusing with Legacy and UEFI Windows install or bootcamp. Is bootcamp required to dual boot, or can I install Windows on a second drive without bootcamp? I used an older version of Catalina to create the USB installer as the Monterey BootCamp assistant that is referenced to create a USB< doesn't have the option to create the USB installer, and just show a partition to install it on.

Guess I have more research to do.
What I did was Monterey / OC install USB to get the OS installed
Created a custom SDDT-Plug. I used the existing USB-EC SSDT as it appears to be a generic one. I didn't copy the SSDT-AWAC as the existing one is about the same size and not sure why it isn't named -DISABLE. Everything is working.
Copied everything to the EFI on my 1TB M2.
Following the process for dual booting Windoze and it doesn't see the installer. Is there a limit to a size for a USB installer, as I am using a 256GB thumb drive for that.
I rebooted and made the M2 the primary boot device, and formatted the 512GB internal SATA SSD to XFat with GUID.

Should I use the full bootcamp installation process? I thought I just used it to make the USB to do the install.

No do not use Bootcamp.
  1. Temporarily remove your macOS drive, and any other drives you have in the system,
    • Except the drive you want to use for the Windows installation.
  2. Use Rufus to create a Windows UEFI installer, - http://rufus.ie/en/
    • This assumes you have another Windows machine available to create the Windows USB installer.
  3. Install Windows in the normal manner from the USB to your selected drive.
    • The Windows drive needs to be formatted GUID/GPT NTFS, not ExFat.
  4. Once you have installed and updated Windows re-attach your macOS and any other drives you may have previously disconnected.
  5. Then enter the bios and select your macOS UEFI partition as the priority boot drive, so OpenCore is used as the main bootloader.
  6. Your Windows and macOS boot drives should both be visible on the OC GUI.
    • Windows will be the left most icon and set as the default boot drive.
    • Press the Spacebar, select the ResetNvram.efi option, this will clear the system Nvram and reboot the system.
  7. When you boot back to OC select the macOS icon, press and hold the ctrl key and press the enter key.
    • This will boot macOS and will make the macOS drive the default boot drive in OpenCore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back