1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hardware:
1) Optiplex 7010 i3770: 4 units
2) Disk 1: OpenCore/BigSur
3) Disks 2,3,4,5,6: Clover/Catalina

All disks are working and interchangeable within the Optiplex 7010 'fleet'.

The goal is to convert Clover disks to OpenCore disks and eventually upgrade Catalina to BigSur.

I tried renaming the Clover-EFI Folder and copied the OpenCore-EFI folder to disk 2. Attempts to boot were not successful.

Questions

1) What is the procedure possible to convert an existing Clover disk to Opencore?
2) Once Opencore is working with Catalina: Is it possible to upgrade Catalina to Big Sur as if it were an genuine Mac?

Hardware:
1) Optiplex 7010 i3770: 4 units
2) Disk 1: OpenCore/BigSur
3) Disks 2,3,4,5,6: Clover/Catalina

All disks are working and interchangeable within the Optiplex 7010 'fleet'.

The goal is to convert Clover disks to OpenCore disks and eventually upgrade Catalina to BigSur.

I tried renaming the Clover-EFI Folder and copied the OpenCore-EFI folder to disk 2. Attempts to boot were not successful.

Questions

1) What is the procedure possible to convert an existing Clover disk to Opencore?
2) Once Opencore is working with Catalina: Is it possible to upgrade Catalina to Big Sur as if it were an genuine Mac?

@Feartech Thank you for the link. I have tried to follow the instructions after I copied over the OC-EFI folder from the BigSur disk to the Catalina disk.

Opencore returns the 'picker' menu, however, it only presents one option:

> 1. Reset NVRAM

I tried executing this however, no joy. What changes needed to be made in order for the picker menu to present the option to boot the Catalina SSD?

1) The best advice I can give you is to follow the opencore guide and START fresh. Don't try to convert. The guide is straight forward and the instruction are well written. You just need to follow each step. If you have an existing Clover configuration. You can use that as a guideline. But configuring Opencore is so much easier than Clover.
The first time you do it, it will take more time. I have done it for 4 computers and it gets easier each time.

2) Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back