Graphics
ATI 5770
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm running a 2009 Mac Pro and a Mid 2010 MacPro. Both running El Capitan and dual graphic cards; ATI RADEON HD 5770. I'm looking to replace all four cards with either the Zotac or EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti 2GB GDDR5 under El Capitan. Wondering if there is any difference in brand as it relates to performance on a mac and will I need to download drivers or will El Capitans be ok? I've seen a lot of issues with these on hackintosh systems and wondering about Mac systems prior to purchase. I need dual for video editing and motion graphics. Former Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 was a beast! Seeking the same.

For best answer post in correct forum - http://www.tonymacx86.com/mac-pro/

OEM brand generally has no effect on performance per se, although the cooling solution on some OEM cards may be better than other OEM cards of the same model.

Generally, for best performance in a "real" Mac, use the Mac version of the card.

Thanks. Cost is the issue. Mac cards out of each for now with me trying to get a dual graphic card system & since Mavericks, I believe, the Mac OS X operating system will now allow the use of more pc based cards without flashing. I'm just wondering if any on this forum have tried those cards in a real Mac and what type of issues they've had or maybe even none at all. I currently run a Mac version ATI RADEON HD 5770 and an identical PC ATI RADEON HD 5770 in my mid 2010 Mac and it runs well. Take one out and the system crawls. In my 2009 Mac I have the Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 and for three months it blazed without the need for two cards. It was a lemon though and conveniently died. Lesson learned, never buy graphic cards from 3rd party. Research showed it wasn't new but used.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back