Graphics
GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have a Z68MX-UD2H-B3 that I have been using for a while now and its worked fine but when I upgraded my processor to the i7 3770k I found out I can't take advantage of the unlocked chip due to Gigabytes limited multiplayer (locked at 39). YEs I know I can upgrade the boards bios to UEFI but its kinda messy and in beta still.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, highly compatible , alternative in another brand like ASUS, ASROCK, MSI or Intel.

Its needs to be a micro-atx and I would prefer 4 ram slots, 2 PCIE x 16 slots and be easily overclockable. Obviously it also needs to be highly functional as a hackintosh running 10.8 or 10.9

Thanks

I have a Z68MX-UD2H-B3 that I have been using for a while now and its worked fine but when I upgraded my processor to the i7 3770k I found out I can't take advantage of the unlocked chip due to Gigabytes limited multiplayer (locked at 39). YEs I know I can upgrade the boards bios to UEFI but its kinda messy and in beta still.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a good, highly compatible , alternative in another brand like ASUS, ASROCK, MSI or Intel.

Its needs to be a micro-atx and I would prefer 4 ram slots, 2 PCIE x 16 slots and be easily overclockable. Obviously it also needs to be highly functional as a hackintosh running 10.8 or 10.9

Thanks

MSI Z77MA-G45
you will need to patch the BIOS for native power management but that is no big deal anymore - someone wrote an autopatcher for doing it within OS X.

Fits very well with this case - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811352011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back