CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. Mac Pro
Hey guys,

I have a 10.6.4 Hack using IP-35pro w/ a working AppleHDA through DSDT. I have been running this system perfectly for a while now and had no complaints up till now.

I know that there is a sound problem that after coming out of sleep, sound will stop working. There is a work around putting in some lines of code in a kext (forget where I found it), however here's my problem...

My computer does not sleep (turned off), but monitor goes off after 15 minutes. When I come back from display sleep my Audio output is 100% working (never an issue with either on board sound or USB sound device as well).. however my Microphone does not work anymore. I have to pretty much restart my computer to reinitialize the MIC. I have onboard audio and a sound-blaster USB device that this occurs with, so I know it's not just the onboard Audio.

What I can't understand is that Audio comes back but not microphone (on both audio devices). If anyone could explain that I would love to know as it is intriguing.

Has anyone come across this and is there a fix for it.

Thanks guys for any help on this one...

Haze :)

Fixed....

After significant testing and DUMB luck... so I find out my brand new headphones has a short in the connector. And let me tell you... you breathe on this thing and it loses sound.. blow on it again... sound's back. However I can shake the thing and it doesn't loose signal. :) LMAO gotta love it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back