hd4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi guys-

I somehow messed up my DSDT.aml while trying to add my nvidia card info to it.

Now I can't boot because chameleon loads the DSDT.aml automatically from /Extra, and I can't even get into single user mode. I also tried the -F option for chameleon to ignore the config files, with no luck.

I still have the good DSDT on the hard drive, but I can't figure out a way to specify it to chameleon as a boot option.

I don't have an optical drive, but I can get one to iBoot if that's the only option (or can take the hard drive and fix it on another machine).

Does anyone know if there's a way to make chameleon ignore DSDT.aml, or specify DSDT file as a boot option?

Thanks!

lajos said:
Hi guys-

I somehow messed up my DSDT.aml while trying to add my nvidia card info to it.

Now I can't boot because chameleon loads the DSDT.aml automatically from /Extra, and I can't even get into single user mode. I also tried the -F option for chameleon to ignore the config files, with no luck.

I still have the good DSDT on the hard drive, but I can't figure out a way to specify it to chameleon as a boot option.

I don't have an optical drive, but I can get one to iBoot if that's the only option (or can take the hard drive and fix it on another machine).

Does anyone know if there's a way to make chameleon ignore DSDT.aml, or specify DSDT file as a boot option?

Thanks!

Boot from iBoot would be my solution. Do you have a backup of the install?

Download the trial version of Mac drive and install it on your windows partition, then download the specific one for your motherboard from the dsdt database and replace it via windows and hope that it boots and make a backup of your drive then repair permissions.
Mac drive saved my system when i was still new at this and if a hackintosh is your main machine, macdrive is a must IMHO.

Thanks for the tips. I do have backups, just need to get in there ;)

I only have linux and osx on this machine, so unfortunately macdrive won't work (and can't mount hfsplus journalled for write in linux).

Off to get an external DVD for iBoot.

I think I will also rename DSDT.aml to something custom and call it from com.apple.Boot.plist for the future so I can ignore it with -F in chameleon in case I mess up.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

lajos said:
Thanks for the tips. I do have backups, just need to get in there ;)

I only have linux and osx on this machine, so unfortunately macdrive won't work (and can't mount hfsplus journalled for write in linux).

Off to get an external DVD for iBoot.

I think I will also rename DSDT.aml to something custom and call it from com.apple.Boot.plist for the future so I can ignore it with -F in chameleon in case I mess up.

Thanks again for the suggestions.

If you have backups, you can plug them in and then boot to the drive with chameleon on it and then boot into the backup. Once you are there, you can manipulate the files on the drive that is broken.

Moved to correct forum, Laptop Support.

For those that may find this later.. my chameleon (750) has switches for DSDT and SMBIOS and if you simply point them at some non-existent place it seems to ignore the default ones.

eg SMBIOS=rubbish would be a valid way to ignore a real smbios.plist that doesn't allow booting that lived in the default place. DSDT=rubbish would disable DSDT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back