Contribute
Register

Memory Upgrade on the 4530's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe... personally, I would not risk it and would just buy a matched set... sell the other.

Sell the other. Probably only worth offering to others here on this forum... So I tried to offer it... Would have given it away...just to help someone out...but I got banned from the forum for 14 days for daring to offer to do this...maybe that is why I had no replies to my request to see if others had spare OEM to get rid of.., they were too scared of admins who may ban them too.

Wish I had not followed your advice to sell it...should have just binned it...well it is binned now

maybe a sub group could be set up to help other like minded Hacintoshers move old but working compatible kit. I can see argument for banning outright commercial sales adverts, but blocking people who are non commercial, non- profit making from moving on working kit, does seem a bit OTT.

Sell the other. Probably only worth offering to others here on this forum... So I tried to offer it... Would have given it away...just to help someone out...but I got banned from the forum for 14 days for daring to offer to do this...maybe that is why I had no replies to my request to see if others had spare OEM to get rid of.., they were too scared of admins who may ban them too.

Wish I had not followed your advice to sell it...should have just binned it...well it is binned now

maybe a sub group could be set up to help other like minded Hacintoshers move old but working compatible kit. I can see argument for banning outright commercial sales adverts, but blocking people who are non commercial, non- profit making from moving on working kit, does seem a bit OTT.

Although your intentions were good, the rules (http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php) are pretty clear:

Rules said:
Members cannot post advertisements or notices for eBay auctions, Kickstarter projects, Craigslist listings, personal sales or contests.

BTW, I don't think the rules are up for debate:
Rules said:
Posts discussing or arguing about tonymacx86 policies or moderator actions are not allowed and will be deleted.

Agree, rules are clear, but a shame that one member can 't help another member out with parts, especially with the 'save the planet' / recycle/ re- use society we are now entering. Offering bits to a targeted audience that may find them useful seems a good thing. I had not even thought about selling at first, it was only due to it being mentioned in a previous post as a suggestion that I posted it as available in first place. oh well , never mind such is life... One good turn usually only ever results in a kick in the face. ;). That will teach me to try and help out others in the same situation I was in

Agree, rules are clear, but a shame that one member can 't help another member out with parts, especially with the 'save the planet' / recycle/ re- use society we are now entering. Offering bits to a targeted audience that may find them useful seems a good thing. I had not even thought about selling at first, it was only due to it being mentioned in a previous post as a suggestion that I posted it as available in first place. oh well , never mind such is life... One good turn usually only ever results in a kick in the face. ;). That will teach me to try and help out others in the same situation I was in

It may be a "shame" to you, but I think it is clear that tmx is NOT ebay/craigslist.

Think about it. If such transactions were allowed, there would be a lot of bad along with good. There would scammers/conmen all over the place here... just the rest of the internet.

Just because I mentioned selling your parts, did not mean I meant selling them here. Sorry if I caused confusion.

Just to be clear: I was not responsible for your suspension.

Hey, never even thought you were, assumed it to be some auto system.

doing all of this from iPhone, so difficult to read whole screen. Only now as I scroll around more do I even notice you are a moderator.
But no first warning, not even for a newbie to the forum, not even a reply to my query about initial suspension e-mail.
I belong to other forums where I have been active for a few years, (high power electric bikes , Endless Sphere forums:NeilP) where there is a dedicated sale section. This way, control is kept, and members who have old kit that is still usable, can move it on to others less financially fortunate than themselves. Since you are a Mod, maybe you could suggest something similar to the controlling body/ organisation here that a similar sub forum be created.

maybe head over there and take a look?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=2558192577840e99b9ee113060b51234

Hey, never even thought you were, assumed it to be some auto system.

doing all of this from iPhone, so difficult to read whole screen. Only now as I scroll around more do I even notice you are a moderator.
But no first warning, not even for a newbie to the forum, not even a reply to my query about initial suspension e-mail.
I belong to other forums where I have been active for a few years, (high power electric bikes , Endless Sphere forums:NeilP) where there is a dedicated sale section. This way, control is kept, and members who have old kit that is still usable, can move it on to others less financially fortunate than themselves. Since you are a Mod, maybe you could suggest something similar to the controlling body/ organisation here that a similar sub forum be created.

maybe head over there and take a look?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=23&sid=2558192577840e99b9ee113060b51234

You can make suggestions for the site here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/site-suggestions/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back