i3-8350K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello

Basically I have an issue with disk utility. Whenever I want to partition a volume on an another drive, it gives me this mediakit error. I have looked over the internet and other people seem to had this issue as well. However, there method to fix it seems rather risky as you are 'deleting' the EFI partition.

My question is, is it just simply not better to use the shrinked volume to expand the already existing EFI partition or is that not possible to do so?

I have to mention too that I have two EFI partitions which one of them already has 200 MB (the Mac OS X one). The Windows one on the other hand has got 100 MB so I believe I have to expand that?

Hello

Basically I have an issue with disk utility. Whenever I want to partition a volume on an another drive, it gives me this mediakit error. I have looked over the internet and other people seem to had this issue as well. However, there method to fix it seems rather risky as you are 'deleting' the EFI partition.

My question is, is it just simply not better to use the shrinked volume to expand the already existing EFI partition or is that not possible to do so?

I have to mention too that I have two EFI partitions which one of them already has 200 MB (the Mac OS X one). The Windows one on the other hand has got 100 MB so I believe I have to expand that?

There can be only one EFI partition. As per UEFI spec, the EFI partition (ESP) has a specific partition GUID. Partition GUIDs must be unique, of course, so therefore only one EFI partition.

What you refer to as your second EFI is just a normal FAT32 partition that you have placed some files on...

Read this thread if you want to resize your EFI...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

There can be only one EFI partition. As per UEFI spec, the EFI partition (ESP) has a specific partition GUID. Partition GUIDs must be unique, of course, so therefore only one EFI partition.

What you refer to as your second EFI is just a normal FAT32 partition that you have placed some files on...

Read this thread if you want to resize your EFI...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/multi-booting/133940-mavericks-windows-8-same-drive-without-erasing.html

Ah alright. Thanks for the tip. I'll have a look into it whenever I have the time or when I actually require to format a drive. I wanted to make sure my NTFS drives work as well in Mac OS X but I managed to fix that problem with 3rd party programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back