Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE AERO
CPU
i7-8750H
Graphics
GTX 1070
I've decided to hackintosh my Mechrevo X1 but I've run into quite a few problems.

I've gotten the wi-fi (installed a Broadcom BCM94352Z chip) working, but a lot of other things don't work:

Touchpad and keyboard: both the keyboard and touchpad are under PS/2 on Windows. The touchpad is a ELAN one. Don't know about the keyboard. I've tried VoodooPS2, SmartTouchpad, etc; none of them seem to work.

Audio (ALC269): I've installed AppleALC but it seems that it still doesn't recognize it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_4141.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 68
I've decided to hackintosh my Mechrevo X1 but I've run into quite a few problems.

I've gotten the wi-fi (installed a Broadcom BCM94352Z chip) working, but a lot of other things don't work:

Touchpad and keyboard: both the keyboard and touchpad are under PS/2 on Windows. The touchpad is a ELAN one. Don't know about the keyboard. I've tried VoodooPS2, SmartTouchpad, etc; none of them seem to work.

Audio (ALC269): I've installed AppleALC but it seems that it still doesn't recognize it.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

There are a lot of supported layout-id for AppleALC/ALC269. Make sure you try them all.

Your kextcache output proves kexts are not installed correctly.
All kexts you need must be installed to the system volume.
Read post #2 of the Clover guide for details:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

I've found the audio layout-id (29) that causes audio devices to show up in System Preferences, but the thing is they still don't output any audio. Did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• debug_16231.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 76
I've installed CodecCommander into /L/E, but it seems that no matter what layout-id I choose to inject, in IOReg the layout-id under HDEF still shows <07 00 00 00>. I did change the layout-id to 30 since it causes both the speakers and headphone jack to show up, but sound still isn't working. Maybe it's because I have both Lilu.kext in /L/E and /Kexts/Others? Or do I need to create a patch for AppleHDA?

On an unrelated note, my Clover for some reason stopped having the countdown to boot (auto boot). Not sure what I did wrong. How do I go on re-enabling it?

Attachments

• debug_26880.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 81
For the audio, I removed the fakePCIID Intel audio one and now the audio works. Just need to figure out the clover boot issue now.

but it seems that no matter what layout-id I choose to inject, in IOReg the layout-id under HDEF still shows <07 00 00 00>

As expected with AppleALC.kext. Your injected layout-id is transferred to alc-layout-id.

On an unrelated note, my Clover for some reason stopped having the countdown to boot (auto boot).

Perhaps no default startup volume set in SysPrefs->Startup Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back