Nvidia 580GTX
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi Guys,

Anyone else out there using a mechanical keyboard? Have you noticed any problems with the keyboard being detected during boot up? I've just got a Gigabyte Aivia Osmium, and while it works fine once OSX has started I can't use it to access the BIOS or choose an alternative OS (dual booting with Win7). Chimera doesn't seem to register key presses. It's USB and i've tried with the legacy USB option both enabled/disabled (using my old keyboard to access the bios).

Anyone else got any ideas?

Thanks,
fractrure

I have two Filco Majestouch keyboards and they work fine. My Noppoo Choc Mini works fine in everything besides OS X, including BIOS. ;]

FYI, after some discussion with Gigabyte technical support this is fixed in a later bios update for the GA-7ZZ-D3H, the problem went away after I updated the bios from F12 to F18.

Only this one thread here for this keyboard. After some extensive research on mechanicals, I'm thinking this one is the one for me.

Concerned as to whether my current mobo will have this problem you experienced, and the newly planned GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard. I realize you probably can't answer that.

After a few months, care to comment on how you like this Keyboard for both OS X and Windows?

Sorry iSpite, I stopped subscribing to updates on this post when I added the solution.

I enjoy the keyboard a lot best one I have ever owned. Had no issues in either OSX or Windows since updating my motherboard bios to F18. I haven't played around with the macro buttons at all in OSX I still use Windows for all my gaming, so for OSX I can't say much beyond it works fine as a normal keyboard. I find it comfortable to use for long periods and really appreciate the tactile feedback offered my the keys over my old non mechanical keyboards.

It's heavier than any previous keyboard I have owned, and feels like it can take a beating. On that note it still works and looks like new despite the occasional slammed fist (working on my anger management issues playing BF3.. :])

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back