GTX 570
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,

I am trying to make the move to Clover on Yosemite to get iMessage working. Unfortunately there is a stumbling block which is my Mbox2 which is a USB audio device.

I have no issues at all after installing the official driver by the manufacturer in Chimera. However in Clover, I get no sound. After the driver is installed and I reboot, the unit receives power correctly and also appears as a sound card, there is just no sound produced.

I have tried this on both my working install, and one which was done freshly in Clover. I've tried enabling stuff like Fix USB in clover, and using a DSDT and without. Motherboard is an EX58-UD3R if that makes a difference.

Any advice how to figure out the issue gratefully received!

Thanks

Probably not very helpful, but I use an mbox2 as well (not clover though).

I've got a vague memory when I was upgrading from snow leopard to lion on my P7P55D-E-Pro machine that the digidesign Kexts were causing kernel panics. I think I deleted one of them and everything still worked ok, and hasn't been a problem since.

I don't know clover, but I'd bet it was a digidesign (avid?) kext issue. Might be worth deleting device, deleting Kexts, rebooting, -f boot flag (if you can?) and then reinstalling the digi driver.

That being said - avid are notoriously poor at being up to date with support for new OS's, I'm still running the same drivers from mountain lion that (last I checked) aren't officially supported for Mavericks!

Sorry to ramble!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back