Graphics
xfx radeon 6870
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I did a fresh install of Mavericks 10.9.2 on a Samsung Evo SSD. Was able to boot up with USB unibeast and run MB 6.2 with the DSDT from tonymac for the z68x-ud5-b3 f10 bios. Put on the basics with the Lnx2Mac networking and Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and 889 Audio (in with DSDT section)

After that I was able to boot from SSD and set up everything on my Hack. Get programs installed, mail working, etc. The machine would go to sleep and wake fine. I think I lost audio during this at some point, I know I had it working at some point prior.

On Restart got kernel panics. See graphic

This CPU Power Management seems to be a big problem area. But this time it also listed other kexts as being depended upon such as SMC and a bunch of IOAPCIF and IOPlatform drivers.

I had seen a fix that switching to a Mac definition of 12,2 IMac or 13,1 IMac might do the trick but I did not know how to get the SMserial number to put into the smbios or if any other changes had to be made.

Also with MB 6.2 how can you do permission repairs and such? There is no option to do that or change the Mac definition. Do I have to use an earlier version? Won't that screw up the DSDT install I did with MB 6.2

I had the drive working perfectly at one point and doing a full reinstall is not an option. Spent too much time tweaking it once it booted and slept fine.

Are there patched versions of the AppleIntelCPUManagement and IOPlatformPlugin etc that I can drop in the appropriate folder after booting in another drive. What about permission and cache repairs.

Attachments

• kp1.jpg
    kp1.jpg
    881.8 KB · Views: 106
Do I need to have a custom SSDT for my i7 2600k CPU which is Sandy Bridge. How can I get that if required.

Some threads say this is a big power management issue and could be causing my panics.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Anybody with Sandy Bridge processor with everything loading smooth on similar board?

Really need some assistance here.

lucky777s,
Use the SSDT for the i7-2600/2700K in MultiBeast for Mavericks or, if you're OC'ing, use the OC'ing i5/i7 SSDT in MultiBeast for Mavericks. This should deal with your problem. We discovered that the Sandy Bridge i5/i7 "K" processors required the SSDT to operate properly when the Sandy Bridge devices were introduced.

I use a MacMini5,2 System Definition on my Z68 motherboard systems so I can use dual monitors. I see no reason to use an iMac SysDef on this motherboard as iMac SysDef's are flacky, IMO.

So, re-run MultiBeast to select only both the appropriate SSDT and MacMini5,2 (5,2 Mac Mini used an i7 processor). :thumbup:

Thanks Stork,

I just tried the SSDT with imac 12.2 (prior to reading your post)

It gave me errors during MB6.2

"Apple ACPIPlatform kernel installed improperly and cannot be used"

also for 3 other ACPI elements: ACPIButtons, ACPIEC and possibly one other.

When I tried to boot into the Mav SSD directly it just hung on the spinning wheel.

I will try the mac mini 5,2 you suggest but if I get the same ACPI errors do I need to somehow re-install with a kext utility. Just grab the existing ones from Extensions folder and put onto desktop, or get fresh ones somewhere?

Appreciate the help.

OK, so I did the Mac Mini 5,1 (No 5,2 in MB) install with i7 SSDT. Also did the KextBeast install of AppleACPIPlatform, it was the only one in the Extensions folder - not sure where ACPIButtons or ACPIEC are.

It BOOTS !!!

Only problem so far is no sound. System Prefs shows no output devices at all. Have not tested sleep yet. USB3 shows up in system profiler. Networking is fine.

Try reinstalling just the Audio driver and reboot (catching the Chimera screen) with UserKenelCache=No.

Stork,

I did the re-install with KextBeast for the HDAenabler889 and used the KernelCache=no code above. Booted but still no sound, no output devices showing in SysPrefs.

I even used the kext from my other drive (same dates, etc) that was working there in case the other had a problem.

In the audio forum there is a thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/112461-mavericks-no-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html
that goes through the testing of the No device problem.

"I went through the steps and when it got to step 4:
Audio_ID verification/IORegistryExplorer see Tools 3.
Search: HDEF
Locate: layout-id (right pane, scroll down)
Verify:
<01 00 00 00>
<02 00 00 00>
<03 00 00 00>

If your layout-id is not listed, see toleda/audio_ALCInjection"

I found that my layout-id is set to 79 03 00 00

but I was not sure what to do with ALCInjection

Sound is now working thanks to toleda's help in the Audio forum.

My problem may have been using kextbeast to install the 889 kext rather than MultiBeast which rebuilds the dsdt and other files.

If you have everything working but sound try removing the HDA889enabler kext from both main extensions folder and S/L/E folder then running Multibeast and just selecting the audio kext under With DSDT if you used one to set up system initially. That is what got sound working for me. Then just select right output in System Prefs.

Thanks for all the help Stork and toleda.

I will try to assist others where I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back