Contribute
Register

MB 5.0.2 fails to enable TRIM (10.8 and 10.8.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5 TH [F11]
CPU
i7-2600 3.4Ghz (no HD3000)
Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. 512K
  3. Apple
  4. Classic
  5. iBook
  6. iMac
  7. LC
  8. Plus
  9. Portable
  10. Power Mac
  11. PowerBook
  12. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MB 5.0.2 still fails to enable TRIM for me, either under 10.8 or 10.8.1, although it reports Sucess at the end of the install (I checkd for TRIM after rebooting)

I always get those messages in the console:
========================
---- coreservicesd[83]: Application App:"Installer" [ 0x0/0x74074] @ 0x0x7ffa3d030ab0 tried to be brought forward, but isn't in fPermittedFrontASNs ( ( ASN:0x0-0x80080 ), so denying.
---- WindowServer[185]: [cps/setfront] Failed setting the front application to Installer, psn 0x0-0x74074, securitySessionID=0x186a4, err=-13066
---- Installer[721]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
========================

In addition, I am not sure this is of interest, but when starting Multibeast (I checked with 5.0.2, 4.6.1 & 4.3.0) I ALWAYS get this message, even before choosing any options:
---- Installer[584]: CoreAnimation: warning, deleted thread with uncommitted CATransaction; set CA_DEBUG_TRANSACTIONS=1 in environment to log backtraces.
I don't know but this also looks like an error to me, and right from the start; but that did not prevent Multibeast 5.0.2 to work for the other options I needed, so I am not sure this is relevant Only TRIM did not work.

So, is there a bug in MB preventing to enable TRIM ot is it just me?

Note that I succeeded enabling TRIM by manually following those instructions include 10.8.1: http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/

Same to me...I've use trim enabler 2.2, repair permissions and it works now

Same to me...I've use trim enabler 2.2, repair permissions and it works now
Repair Permissions... using Disk Utilities??? I'm asking because this is no longer in MultiBeast, and I don't know why... not required anymore?

Same to me...
Do you actually get the same error messages in the Console? Hoping to a bug fix, it would be nice to confirm..

Repair Permissions... using Disk Utilities??? I'm asking because this is no longer in MultiBeast, and I don't know why... not required anymore?

I use kext utility to repair permisions, them reboot, and you will see in system information/sata...for your ssd drive from no to yes at trim support

I'm using Trim Enabler ( http://www.groths.org/?page_id=322 ) v2.2 and even my 2 x Intel 330 60GB in RAID0 has TRIM support.

Screen-Shot-2012-08-23-at-104817-PM.jpg

I use kext utility to repair permisions, them reboot, and you will see in system information/sata...for your ssd drive from no to yes at trim support
Thanks, I didn't know about Kext Utility, it's not in the Downloads section on tonymacx86.com, but a google search revealed it.

But I still wonder about the removal of Permissions repairs from Multibeast, I have asked the question several times here and there and never seen an answer. In MB 5 Change Log, we can see that "System Utilities" was removed, but not a word about why.
I don't know why the author stays silent on such things. It makes me uncomfortable as I never know whether it is me who didn't do enough homework, not enough reading... I just don't know. So much learning to do and most by trial and error...

Repair Permissions was removed due to it duplicating what Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions does.

Also, I ensure that everything that MultiBeast installs is installed with the correct permissions. So there is no need to run Repair Permissions as part of running MultiBeast now.

Repair Permissions was removed due to it duplicating what Disk Utility -> Repair Permissions does.
Also, I ensure that everything that MultiBeast installs is installed with the correct permissions. So there is no need to run Repair Permissions as part of running MultiBeast now.
Thanks for the info and your dedication to this project!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back