Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maximus V Gene 10.8 Guide with DSDT

Yes it is. Since you're promoting using 12.2, how 'bout giving us a screenie of your MSRDumper output.

I am only premoting it in the case speed stepping doesn't work on Sandy Bridge CPUs. Or if another problem arises, as it was the smbios that fixed my issues. I will next week when I'm home.

I'm asking to myself how safe would it be to extract dsdt without patching it as it has no patch available from olarila's...

if you extract it, and dont make any changes to it, it is exactly the same as the native dsdt (in the bios).

if you want to patch it with an olarila patch, use the "generic p8 3xxx" patch.
the dsdt section on the z77 boards should be identical to p67/z68/etc 3xxx dsdts

Dunno if this matters but I seem to have 7 pstates with Mac Pro 3,1 and the DSDT for USB3 attached to this thread:

Code:
9/8/12 2:05:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(38)
9/8/12 2:05:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 16 17 18 19 20 34 38 
9/8/12 2:05:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(38) 
9/8/12 2:05:23.000 PM kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(16) 

When I get a chance I'm going to mess around with the smbios. Hopefully I can get back audio ports working AND all pstates.

Random Question, but did you disable audio in Bios? And in OSX what output have you selected for sound?

Random Question, but did you disable audio in Bios? And in OSX what output have you selected for sound?

AhhhH! I'm an idiot! I changed the output in OSX to Line-Out and the black port works fine! Thank you!

I'm now 100% working (don't really care about the graphics card sleep problem). :headbang: :mrgreen:

Good to hear! No Problem

Ok I removed that Null file like you suggested and its back to none functional again. Could it be that its not flashing the BIOS? how do I tell if it has the modified one?

Ok finally got it to boot without the Null file, had to re-flash BIOS 4 times before it worked, weird.

Is there any other files I should remove? Also, is there a way to use the E/E folder anymore or do all Kexts have to go in S/L/E now?

So far everything seems to be working great. Audio works just fine with green jack and the Intel USB 3.0 ports work fine but not the ASMedia ones. Graphics has some issues with the Intel HD 4000 not recognizing the monitor correctly which cause a lot of games and apps to run at wrong resolution and causes screen to go all wacky.

Havn't tried HDMI Audio yet but will soon. I did notice that not all the SATA ports are showing in System Info app, only shows 2 Intel ones and 2 ASMedia ones and the Intel ones are shown as Unknown ACHI.

Upgrade your chimera and put graphics memory to 64MB in bios.They can go in S/L/E

Ok finally got it to boot without the Null file, had to re-flash BIOS 4 times before it worked, weird.

Is there any other files I should remove? Also, is there a way to use the E/E folder anymore or do all Kexts have to go in S/L/E now?

So far everything seems to be working great. Audio works just fine with green jack and the Intel USB 3.0 ports work fine but not the ASMedia ones. Graphics has some issues with the Intel HD 4000 not recognizing the monitor correctly which cause a lot of games and apps to run at wrong resolution and causes screen to go all wacky.

Havn't tried HDMI Audio yet but will soon. I did notice that not all the SATA ports are showing in System Info app, only shows 2 Intel ones and 2 ASMedia ones and the Intel ones are shown as Unknown ACHI.

Same happened to me with the BIOS. I had to try flashing it twice before finally getting it to work.

On the ASmedia: see this thread. Current solution is to flash the controller from Windows but it might cause issues with sleep/wake and shutdown.

Edit: Apparently there are some drivers available as well (from the same thread). I don't know if it works with ASUS M5G.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back