Contribute
Register

Maximus V Gene 10.8.x Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed instructions to the T and my BIOS version says 1309. Unibeast keeps getting locked up on AppleIntelE1000e:... when I have it set to PCIE

I have tried all -x, -v, -f etc.

I have an i7 3770K w/ MAXIMUS V GENE and a GTX 660.

If I change the BIOS to iGPU it will start boot with ERROR: Nvidia Rom and displays Multi-Language WSOD. Under verbose this locks up at System Uptime in Nanoseconds.

HELP PLEASE!

I am now running off of the onboard video with GraphicsEnabler=No and its still hangs up, only this time at

System Uptime in nanoseconds: 22656782127a9:8f:ec:4d

. Anything else I am missing? The only things I changed in BIOS were PLL Disabled, the memory speed and changed the video to iGPU at 96.

For iGPU you need GraphicsEnabler=Yes not no, also must be set to 64MB in BIOS, not 96MB.

In your boot.plist you also need to put the Graphics Mode option with your monitors native resolution for the iGPU to work.

Also are you running 10.8.2? there is a know issue with the 10.8.2 update and some z77 boards this board included. If so u need to be using the AppleAPCIPlatform.kext from 10.8.1. Do _NOT_ use a patched one that you downloaded from some site, just backup the one in 10.8.1 before you apply the update and replace it before you reboot. Avoid patched system kexts when at all possible.

Sorry for the n00b questions, but where do I edit the .plist?

The only thing present on the USB is Install OSX Mountain Lion. Nothing else. I have searched the contents but can't find it.

/Extra is not on the USB. God this is frustrating. I have checked package contents. Nothing in there either. Should there be more than just the Install OSX Mountain Lion visible? I used the correct Unibeast installer to make the USB.

I can't even start installing at this point. can I edit a .plist before install?

The Unibeast Installer takes forever to run. Could it be the USB drive?

Thanks so much for helping me out.

No for the USB installer use the following:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes "Graphics Mode"="1920x1080x32"

Change to your monitors native resolution.

*Its case sensitive, input exactly as shown

IMG_20121104_090702.jpg

This is what is coming up. I am going to buy another USB drive now to give it a shot. If you see anything else wrong, please let me know! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back