Contribute
Register

Maximus V Formula with GTX 670. Most everything works some minor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, for some reason I did not flash the BIOS properly. I swear I downloaded the correct BIOS and the system does say my BIOS version the the same as the modified BIOS version.

Anyway I got sleep to work.

My method are the same as described except for

1. My system cannot boot directly with Hackintosh HD
Fix: Install User DSDT or DSDT Free Installation -> this will fix the boot using Hackintosh HD directly without using USB however will boot to a flickering screen.
Fix: edited org.chameleon.Boot.plist so that GraphicsEnabler=No
This will boot into Hackintosh without any problem

2. My system able to sleep and wake normally, however there is no auto sleep , the monitor just turned off but system still running
Fix: downloaded PleaseSleep (http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/)

Hope that help whoever that is using this motherboard

Next, I would like to get HDMI audio to work

So after a month of use, my system won't sleep/wake properly when I try to sleep my system manually (i.e., apple logo - Sleep or sleep button on my keyboard). But via cell99's suggestion of PleaseSleep, sleep works naturally according to my energy saver settings. Manual sleep doesn't work properly.

I installed the DSDT-Free option on multibeast, but now it's stuck on the apple sign and spinning circle at boot. I've tried GraphicsEnabler=No, -x, and -F in different combinations, but none seem to work. Please help!

Edit:

DO NOT INSTALL DSDT-FREE OPTION ON MULTIBEAST.

Hey Dan,

I'm building a similar build (Maximus V Formula, i7 3770k, GTX 670). I'm excited that you got your hack running. Would you mind posting a step-by-step process of the hackintosh process? All I gathered was you used easy beast and configured audio driver only on multi beast. Did you have to do something to get your front I/O working? Also, regarding the boot loader--is Chimera an option?

Actually I did not use Easy Beast.. When I used easy beast my front I/O Panel stopped working.. So I just installed the 10.8.2 from Thumb drive I created and with multi beast installed sound drive 898 without DSDT. That is it; that is the only driver i needed everything else worked just fine plugging it in.
As for the boot loader.. I have not figured out this issue yet. I am still using the boot loader from my thumb drive to access the Mac platform. It works for me I just leave it plugged in the back USB port. but instead of selecting the "install drive" I select the hard drive which I installed the Mountain Lion onto. Hope this helps if you find a way to make the Boot loader work I would be grateful to share in this knowledge, if you could. thanks

I built my Hackintosh. Here are the specs:

Mobo: Maximus V Formula
CPU: i7 3700k
GPU: MSi Geforce GTX 670 OC
Ram: Gskill Sniper 8gb
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 128gb
PSU: Corsair HX750
Case: Corsair 600T

Here are the steps I took to make it run:
1. Flash bios to 1408
2. Used Unibeast via USB drive
3. Installed ML after formatting my SSD to Mac (Journaled) without any problems (everything runs out of the box (i.e., ethernet, usb connections, hdmi, dvi, etc.) except for sound)
4. Rebooted and installed DSDT-Free Audio driver ALC898 for sound
5. Go into bios and select Unibeast USB as primary boot

Now herein lies the problem with this motherboard (from what I've read from this thread):
Easybeast does not work nor does installing chimera by itself. I've tried both and had to format my SSD twice and re-do the process twice because I kept getting a gray screen or a black one. So just like danmeyerphoto, I'm having to boot from my USB every time. For me this is inconvenient since that USB will live plugged into my Hack for some time until I get the boot loader sorted out.

The other problem is that the sleep/wake ability doesn't seem to work properly. I just get a black screen and can't wake the system.

I know that some people had problems with the front I/O connectors, but I didn't run into any. I haven't tried the front I/O USB 3.0, since I didn't even plug it into the mobo.

If anyone has feedback on the boot loader and sleep/wake, I think a lot of us would appreciate it.

Kevin

December 17, 2012 Update:
I flashed the bios using Samisnake's Maximus V Formula Modded Bios found here: http://biosrepo.wordpress.com/asus/z77/
1. Download the bios file
2. Unzip it and place file on FAT32 or FAT64 USB (You can format your USB to "MS-DOS FAT" under Disk Utility)
3. Use USB Flashback feature. Follow this guide: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADcdnwMjd_I
4. System will boot, install modded bios, and reboot

Results: sleep/wake fixed, power management fixed, boot loader fixed! :headbang:

I'm one happy Hackintosh user.

Nice Thank you...

Does anyone have a full summary of what works/doesn't work?

I can't update my MBs BIOS with this method. Any clue why? It only has a green light and does not start do blink.

U can use EZ Flash or ask any hackintosh expart.

EZ Flash does not seems to work as the file is not .ROM.

Should i rename the file "M5F.CAP" or something?

if you are using usb flashback, the filename for this board must be M5F.CAP otherwise it wont work.

if you are using usb flashback, the filename for this board must be M5F.CAP otherwise it wont work.

I've tried that without success. The "button" only has this static Green light, its not blinking as in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back