Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Maximus hero 8
CPU
intel i7
Graphics
gtx 1080
Hi i have an hakintosh with sierra an without problem... so now i want to buy the audio board
Apollo twin mk2 thunderbolt
he has the connection thunderbolt 2

I read some post but i don't understand how i can connect the thunderbolt2 to my motherboard without a problem...
you can link me some old post or give me the solution..
Thanks aniway.
For any questions i'm here!

Reactions: cmy
Hi i have an hakintosh with sierra an without problem... so now i want to buy the audio board
Apollo twin mk2 thunderbolt
he has the connection thunderbolt 2

I read some post but i don't understand how i can connect the thunderbolt2 to my motherboard without a problem...
you can link me some old post or give me the solution..
Thanks aniway.
For any questions i'm here!

do u have a usb c on your motherboard'?

did u get your thunderbolt apollo working? the apple usb c dongle to thunderbolt apparently works , ill confirm later !

USB-C is NOT the same as Thunderbolt 3 in the PC world.

(1) If your motherboard has Thunderbolt 3 support, this means it has an Intel Thunderbolt 3 chip onboard. The motherboard specifications will specify it supports Thunderbolt 3.
(2) In most cases the motherboard may have one or more USB-C ports but no Intel Thunderbolt 3 chip. In this case the motherboard does NOT support Thunderbolt 3 out of the box. To use Thunderbolt 3 on such a board, your motherboard MUST have a Thunderbolt 3 header, AND you have to purchase in addition a Thunderbolt 3 add in card like the Asus ThunderboltEX 3.

USB-C is NOT the same as Thunderbolt 3 in the PC world.

(1) If your motherboard has Thunderbolt 3 support, this means it has an Intel Thunderbolt 3 chip onboard. The motherboard specifications will specify it supports Thunderbolt 3.
(2) In most cases the motherboard may have one or more USB-C ports but no Intel Thunderbolt 3 chip. In this case the motherboard does NOT support Thunderbolt 3 out of the box. To use Thunderbolt 3 on such a board, your motherboard MUST have a Thunderbolt 3 header, AND you have to purchase in addition a Thunderbolt 3 add in card like the Asus ThunderboltEX 3.
Screen Shot 2018-04-24 at 11.54.55 PM.png

my motherboard supports it <3

Are you sure? I checked your motherboard's specifications :
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/specifications/

and nowhere does it say it supports Thunderbolt 3 out of the box.

In the overview : https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/PRIME-Z370-A/overview/

It does say it supports the Asus ThunderboltEX 3 add in card since it has a Thunderbolt header onboard.

May I ask from where you capture that picture?

From the ASUS website ! I'll let ya'll know soon if it works, and how I did it ! Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back