Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

i have oportunity to get this laptop for very good price and I wonder if it is straight forward
to install Maverics on it. graphics Intel.
Does all the hardware works ?
Anybody has this laptop with Maverics and can share the info ?

cheers

Hi

i have oportunity to get this laptop for very good price and I wonder if it is straight forward
to install Maverics on it. graphics Intel.
Does all the hardware works ?
Anybody has this laptop with Maverics and can share the info ?

cheers

You would need to post complete specs. And you might look at the ProBook sub-forum.

Specs of this model are:

CPU: i5-3360M 2.8 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel QM77 Express
Graphics: Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000
Sound: SRS Premium Sound PRO
Bluetooth: HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth 4.0+EDR
WiFi: Intel Centrino 802.11a/b/g/n
LAN: Integrated Intel 82579LM

You will probably need to change the wifi card, but the rest should be fine...
As RM said, ask under the Probook sub-forum as quite some elitebook owners hangout there.

Moved to ProBook Forum.

booting flags I used to see Installer :)

PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x -v IGPlatformID=01660003 IGPEnabler=Yes

multi boot done using
http://racerrehabman.wordpress.com/...indows-8-mac-os-x-lion-and-ubuntu-multi-boot/

and the rest using
Guide to Installing Mavericks on HP Probook

all went smoothly, the only thing left is to change WIFI card to Broadcom BCM43225HMB

Big THANKS Guys for all guidelines and help :)

WiFi changed to AzureWave AW-NB290H - all up and running without any problems.
During initial install of Mavericks I did select support for Broadcom 4322 in ProBook Installer

As above, all worked apart from wifi here (clover bootloader / probook installer), no whitelist, so you can pick the best compatible OS X wifi card for your needs.

Hi, rob1980. i get a 8470P HP Elitebook, i read this topic.

Is it true about whitelist in HP Elitebook 8470P? Whitelist is absent? and i can installed any Wi-FI card supported in OSX? Please, advice me, what is better wi-fi card in 8470P laptop? Bluetooth is supported? Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble.

Hi, rob1980. i get a 8470P HP Elitebook, i read this topic.

Is it true about whitelist in HP Elitebook 8470P? Whitelist is absent? and i can installed any Wi-FI card supported in OSX? Please, advice me, what is better wi-fi card in 8470P laptop? Bluetooth is supported? Thank you very much and sorry for the trouble.

There is no whitelist on 8470p.

Compatible cards are listed in the guide. Assuming your laptop doesn't have built-in bluetooth, best choice is BCM94352HMB.

Remove your WiFi card and see if you still have bluetooth in Windows. That will tell you if you need to look for a card with bluetooth or whether you can simply focus only on WiFi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back