Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, so I installed Mavericks on my PC about a couple of weeks ago, and everything went smooth as butter. It would shut down, boot up, and restart properly.

My specs are:
Asus P5QSE2 MOBO w/Core 2 Duo
6 gigs ram
Nvidia 9500

About a week ago I installed another 2 gigs of ram (it was originally 4, now it's 6), and everything booted up just fine with no problems. I've been using the computer normally ever since. Last night I shut it down and this morning as I went to boot it up, it went to black screen at the Apple logo.

I literally tried EVERY boot flag I could come across in every combination, and nothing. Even tried the original boot flags I used in the beginning when installing it, and still nothing. I can use those same boot flags to get into the installer. I'm not sure if something went corrupt or what.

I went into disk utilities in the installer and repaired permissions, then tried to repair disk, when I got an error saying it couldn't be repaired. Would anyone here have any suggestions, or should I just cut my losses and reinstall? Also, if I need to paste a log here I'll do that, but I don't know how to, so if someone could help with that process as well, I'll do what I can. Thank you.

Oooohhh thank god! I edited the chameleon boot list from my snow leopard install, where I was reading the mavericks HD, and it booted! Thought I'd have a heart attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back