1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
System specs:
Asus P8Z77 V-LX
OCZ AGILITY 3 120GB
I5 3570k
Asus gtx 660

So im trying to upgrade to 10.9...so far ive tried booting from a partition off of my ssd, and a unibeast usb drive, and i end up with the same kernel panic upon booting the installation.... using iboot 1.1.1 for ivy bridge (iboot 3.0.1 wouldnt recognize my usb at all). please if anyone can shed some light here, it would greatly appreciated!

http://imgur.com/IzQM9bv

I see "ACPI" listed in your kernel panic image, so CPU Power management might be an issue.

When you say, "tried booting from a partition off my SSD" do you mean booting that drive partition as a UniBeast/Mavericks installer (as if that partition were a UniBeast USB drive)?

In my experience the BIOS is unable to differentiate/prioritize between partitions of a physical drive. Meaning I've never been able to specify in my BIOS that I want the bootloader from one particular partition (let's say, partition 3 of 4) of a physical drive (let's call it "SSD-1") to be used instead of another. I can only specify that I want to boot from "SSD-1".

I lack the expertise to comprehend exactly how the BIOS would decide which partition's bootloader to use, I presume it would be the drive partition with the lowest number identifier, like "disk0s1" or something.

Anyways, this is important because the bootloader (the version of Chimera) that the UniBeast/Mavericks installer wants/needs is specific and different (in my experience) from the one that SL wants/needs. If you are using a SSD that contains different bootloader versions on different partitions, you might not be starting with the one that the Mavericks installer needs.

As far as your actual USB drive, that should work because it should only have 1 partition and only 1 bootloader on that partition. Make sure that the boot drive priority is set to USB-HDD so that the correct bootloader is used. From there you might need to invoke a flag to deal with a Power Management issue

so im still stuck here, bumping my thread.... so to clear up i used a completely bare usb drive that is 16gb and partitioned is (tried guid and mbr) and i get the kernel panic. im running 10.6 off of my ssd, and within that ssd i also tried installing 10.9 to a 10gb partition (again, tried both guid and mbr) and ended up with the same result. so far im $20 in my investment for hackintosh (10.6.3 retail disc) and i have no desire to use os x due to crappy resolution and lack of hardware support in that version. im updated to 10.6.8 btw.

any help is appreciated, and if anyone knows of an ACPI setting withing the asus uefi bios please share because i cant find anything regarding it!

so im still stuck here, bumping my thread.... so to clear up i used a completely bare usb drive that is 16gb and partitioned is (tried guid and mbr) and i get the kernel panic. im running 10.6 off of my ssd, and within that ssd i also tried installing 10.9 to a 10gb partition (again, tried both guid and mbr) and ended up with the same result. so far im $20 in my investment for hackintosh (10.6.3 retail disc) and i have no desire to use os x due to crappy resolution and lack of hardware support in that version. im updated to 10.6.8 btw.

any help is appreciated, and if anyone knows of an ACPI setting withing the asus uefi bios please share because i cant find anything regarding it!

Post a photo of your KP (and boot "-v"). Just saying "i get the kernel panic" doesn't provide enough information.

And your photo in post #1 shows 10.8 kernel (which is for Snow Leopard, Mavs kernel is 13.0.0). You should not be using iBoot to boot the Mavericks installer. You should be using Unibeast USB (made with latest Unibeast) to boot the Mavericks installer.

Post a photo of your KP (and boot "-v"). Just saying "i get the kernel panic" doesn't provide enough information.

And your photo in post #1 shows 10.8 kernel (which is for Snow Leopard, Mavs kernel is 13.0.0). You should not be using iBoot to boot the Mavericks installer. You should be using Unibeast USB (made with latest Unibeast) to boot the Mavericks installer.

? i used unibeasts to create usb, and i use iboot to boot the installer? is that not correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back