Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to upgrade to Mavericks from SL (10.6.8) using Unibeast 3.0.1 on a USB drive. I have a NVIDIA 9400GT graphics card. Both my mouse (Logitech track ball) and keyboard (Apple thin aluminum) are USB ports.

I have tried using varying boot flags and the best result I have been able to get (sometimes the screen will go black and the computer will shut off) is to get the OSX screen (screen goes light gray, then dark grey, then language selection, and install OSX screen. At this point, there is no mouse support (cursor remains in upper left corner) and keyboard non functional except for tab key which causes selection to move from continue to back arrow.

What seems to get to this point (-x does not really vary) result is GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1. Adding npci=x2000 does not really change anything. I also tried using the various display options (low resolution modes resulted in black screen and shutdown, mode 17d (1920 x 1200) gets to the install freeze.

I tried copying my working org.chameleon.Boot.plist file settings to the usb org.chameleon.Boot.plist and this has not varied the result.

Here is the file text --

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x2000</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Is there something else I should be doing? Thanks in advance for the help!

Mavericks Upgrade Freezes After Language Selection Screen -- Solution

Got the install disk to continue by pressing space bar and down arrow. Install finished and Mavericks installed. Not certain why this worked, but it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back