Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, seeing as how I just managed to wipe-out my entire SSD by trying to convert MBR to GPT, I think it's time for round two.

Here are my specs:

Probook 4530s
i7 2670QM
4GB RAM
240 GB SSD
500 GB HDD (In optical bay)
SIIG Firewire Card (TI Chipset)

Questions
1. Which OS supports VGA and/or HDMI?
2. I'm completely new to OSX. Which OS will give me a better user experience on a Probook?
3. I'm currently making some modifications to my Probook chassis. Therefore, some of the usual hardware is disconnected (Webcam, SD Card Slot, 500GB HDD, SIIG Firewire Card). Should I reconnect these pieces of hardware before installing OSX?
4. Just so I don't run into another partition table issue, are there any issues installing Windows 7 and Linux on the a GPT disk? I'm going to be installing the other OSes on the same drive but in different partitions.
5. What format should I set my LINUX partition to?

If you need additional info just ask.

Well, seeing as how I just managed to wipe-out my entire SSD by trying to convert MBR to GPT, I think it's time for round two.

Here are my specs:

Probook 4530s
i7 2670QM
4GB RAM
240 GB SSD
500 GB HDD (In optical bay)
SIIG Firewire Card (TI Chipset)

Questions
1. Which OS supports VGA and/or HDMI?
2. I'm completely new to OSX. Which OS will give me a better user experience on a Probook?
3. I'm currently making some modifications to my Probook chassis. Therefore, some of the usual hardware is disconnected (Webcam, SD Card Slot, 500GB HDD, SIIG Firewire Card). Should I reconnect these pieces of hardware before installing OSX?
4. Just so I don't run into another partition table issue, are there any issues installing Windows 7 and Linux on the a GPT disk? I'm going to be installing the other OSes on the same drive but in different partitions.
5. What format should I set my LINUX partition to?

If you need additional info just ask.

The 4530s supports Mavericks and ML equally. Your choice. Although Mavericks is free where ML costs $$.

As far as installing, please read/follow oneo of the sticky guides.

As for multiboot, see the multiboot article in my blog (link in signature).

Using your blog I was able to install Win 7, Mavericks, and I think Kail Linux. I say "I think" because Grub encountered a fatal error and I was not able to install the bootloader on any partition of sda (sda4 in my case). I haven't been able to boot to my LINUX partition to check it out.

I deviated from your blog slightly. I didn't make a Transfer, or Swap File partition. I didn't need either. I also ran Ubuntu from a Easy2Boot flash drive.

Mavericks won't boot without the Unibeast USB interested. I tried reinstalling the bootloader via the Probook Installer. Didn't work. When I select Notebook Hard Disk with the Unibeast USB insterted the chameleon bootloader. When I select Notebook Hard Drive without the Unibeast USB insterted it brings up some info about my system and then says BootDevice Note Found.

And Windows 7 bootloader is no where to be found. I'm tempted to run a repair via the install disk but I don't want to get further down my nice little hole I've dug.

Here are my questions:
1. How do I install grub2 on the same partition as LINUX?
2. How do I repair Windows bootloader?
3. How do I repair the chameleon bootloader?

Using your blog I was able to install Win 7, Mavericks, and I think Kail Linux. I say "I think" because Grub encountered a fatal error and I was not able to install the bootloader on any partition of sda (sda4 in my case). I haven't been able to boot to my LINUX partition to check it out.

Sorry, don't know what Kail Linux is. My blog uses Ubuntu 12.04LTS.

Mavericks won't boot without the Unibeast USB interested. I tried reinstalling the bootloader via the Probook Installer. Didn't work. When I select Notebook Hard Disk with the Unibeast USB insterted the chameleon bootloader. When I select Notebook Hard Drive without the Unibeast USB insterted it brings up some info about my system and then says BootDevice Note Found.

Sounds like you don't have the bootloader installed correctly. Makes sure to follow the guide exactly.

And Windows 7 bootloader is no where to be found. I'm tempted to run a repair via the install disk but I don't want to get further down my nice little hole I've dug.

Here are my questions:
1. How do I install grub2 on the same partition as LINUX?
2. How do I repair Windows bootloader?
3. How do I repair the chameleon bootloader?

If you follow the guide exactly it will work. If not, all bets are off and I have no way to guess what you did incorrectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back