Contribute
Register

Mavericks on the P5K-e WiFi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Flicka,

nice to see how you assist people. really appreciate.

a quick question. whats your advice for the following set:

-Asus P5KR
-Asus Geforce 210 Silent 1gb
-Samsung SSD 840 Evo 240GB
-WD Sata 500GB

i just did a clean install of mavericks with clover boot loader.

thanks

Hi Flicka,

nice to see how you assist people. really appreciate.

a quick question. whats your advice for the following set:

-Asus P5KR
-Asus Geforce 210 Silent 1gb
-Samsung SSD 840 Evo 240GB
-WD Sata 500GB

i just did a clean install of mavericks with clover boot loader.

thanks
I don't see any problem. A patched DSDT and right kext for audio and Lan. You can easly update to Yosemite, only add kext-dev-mode=1 to your config.

Hi Flicka,

thanks for the prompt answer.

Reason why I want Mavericks is because of Pro tools 10 compability. i´m using for music production purpose.

I´m not able to find a p5kr dsdt online. sorry the question but how to install kext using -dev-mode=1 ?

thanks

by the way, why u suggest yosemite?

thanks
I don't suggest Yosemite, I only say that is possible to install it on your motherboard. Kext-dev-mode is a flag You need in Yosemite to load unsigned kext, no need of it in Mavericks.
Regarding Dsdt You won't find it, You have to build your own starting from a clean Dsdt of You system a the adequate patches. If you post yours I can try to do it

Here the DSDT. Now for audio delete all HdaEnabler and Voodoo kexts if installed, if installed and use the attached AppleHDA.
EDIT: deleted AppleHDA.kext link, because wrong version

Attachments

• DSDT P5KR.zip
    14 KB · Views: 100
Hi Flicka,

im sorry to bother again.

whats the installation u advice. as I said im using clover. should I just change the DSDT at the efi partition?

thanks

Hi Flicka,

im sorry to bother again.

whats the installation u advice. as I said im using clover. should I just change the DSDT at the efi partition?

thanks
Yes, DSDT must be placed in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched. For the rest if you are using some HDAEnabler and/or Voodoo kext, you should delete all of them and install the attached AppleHDA with Kext wizard, repair permissions, rebuild cache and reboot.
Post your config without serial, so I can take a look.
Edit: What you mean with change the DSDT? You have a DSDT installed?

clean install. should I put the fake smc on the kext 10.9 folder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back