Nvidia 740m
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I was trying to install Mavericks on my Asus (specs here) but it failed. Every time i get a black screen after the apple logo. I've tried -x -v GraphicsEnabler=no (becouse of my Nvidia 740m) but still no results. I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advange

Eddie,

Hi,

I was trying to install Mavericks on my Asus (specs here) but it failed. Every time i get a black screen after the apple logo. I've tried -x -v GraphicsEnabler=no (becouse of my Nvidia 740m) but still no results. I hope you can help me!

Thanks in advange

Eddie,

Hi Eddie,

I have the exact same problem with my Asus notebook. The blackscreen is, indeed, because of the 740m (which is also in my Asus)
Try remove the kext's from your usb installer. I cannot confirm if this works as I yet have to try this on my own notebook.

En Tweakers is een toffe site :thumbup:

Hi,

Thanks in advange

Eddie,

Is your nvidia dedicated or switched? If you have both Intel integrated and nvidia, it is switched.

Is your nvidia dedicated or switched? If you have both Intel integrated and nvidia, it is switched.

Thanks for your fast answer!
I have also a Intel HD Graphics 4000 so its switched.

@dapperduck i will try that! kon geen engelstalige google vinden daarom tweakers :D
also i've tryed to remove those kexts but i cant find the location of those in the install OS X Mavericks.app
does anyone know where i cant find those?

Thanks for your fast answer!
I have also a Intel HD Graphics 4000 so its switched.

@dapperduck i will try that! kon geen engelstalige google vinden daarom tweakers :D
also i've tryed to remove those kexts but i cant find the location of those in the install OS X Mavericks.app
does anyone know where i cant find those?

It worked! in a few min i will edit this post and tell how i did it.
To RehabMan, if you are interested i can write a how to for the Forum->Laptops-> Mavericks Laptop Support catagory i saw that the HP ProBook already was posted.

Almost everything i've got from this post that means that this method works for almost all Asus laptops with an Nvidia 740M Videocard

It worked! in a few min i will edit this post and tell how i did it.
To RehabMan, if you are interested i can write a how to for the Forum->Laptops-> Mavericks Laptop Support catagory i saw that the HP ProBook already was posted.

Almost everything i've got from this post that means that this method works for almost all Asus laptops with an Nvidia 740M Videocard

Well yeah that's my topic XD but even so I am not able to get it to work.
I deleted all the NVDA kexts from my usb and booted with it and it didn't work. Still get the blackscreen after the Apple logo. Also used bootflags like -x and GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=0 but none of them did the trick.

Did you enter specific bootflags.

Hopelijk kun je me helpen ;)

EDIT: I got into the installer using IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0. I guess my sound (as I haven't tested it out and I'm pretty sure it won't work) , wifi (as usual), FN keys and trackpack won't work out of the box.

How are things on your side? Able to use wifi or the trackpad?

After succesfully reaching the installer and install MAC OS X I have a next problem. When I try to first boot MAC OS X from the USB boot loader I'm stucked at the apple loading screen. I've waited for 45 minuets but no progress only that screen. See the image. Know a solution?

14917d1342992693-attempted-unibeast-stuck-apple-logo-screen-help-pics-mac-boot-splash-1-4-11.png

After succesfully reaching the installer and install MAC OS X I have a next problem. When I try to first boot MAC OS X from the USB boot loader I'm stucked at the apple loading screen. I've waited for 45 minuets but no progress only that screen. See the image. Know a solution?

View attachment 82609

Boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

Boot with:
IGPEnabler=N GraphicsEnabler=N -x -v -f UseKernelCache=N dart=0

I did, i Also removed the kext files as you recommended me.

Eddie,

View attachment 82609

Maybe it's the same as what I experienced during my ML install. What I did when I got stuck is remove the bootable usb and stick it in another usb port.

Try booting in verbose mode to see what's going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back