Contribute
Register

Mavericks on Acer Aspire S7-392

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haswell early reboot, Mavericks, locked MSRs, and HP Envy 15-J063CL (i7-4700MQ)

Gotcha, will keep you posted. Just finished making the Unibeast USB on a new drive.

Attempted with a new USB, freshly Unibeast, overwritten with Chameleon and patched mach_kernel.

Used the flags stated above and still resulted in this screen identically. (Tried both USB ports)

wF8qZxN.jpg

Attempted with a new USB, freshly Unibeast, overwritten with Chameleon and patched mach_kernel.

Used the flags stated above and still resulted in this screen identically. (Tried both USB ports)

wF8qZxN.jpg

Is your USB an 8GB USB? Did you look at BIOS options for USB? Did you try different USB ports? What happens if you wait for a while at that screen?

You could also try removing GenericUSBXHCI.kext from /Extra/Extensions on the USB.

Same with IONetorkingFamily.kext, AppleACPIPS2Nub.kext, ApplePS2Controller.ket, EvOreboot.kext, and AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext. These are all unnecessary kexts in /Extra/Extensions on the Unibeast USB. Leaving just NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakeSMC.kext (could remove plugins), and AppleACPIPlatform.kext. AppleACPIPlatform.kext is a rollback and usually only solves problems, not causes them, but you could try without it as well.

Also, you could try some other bootflags: DropSSDT=y, PCIRootUID=0 or 1...

The USB is a 16gb 2.0 drive.
There are no options for USB except for Boot mode which is set to Legacy as UEFI will not work.
I've tried both ports left and right.
I've let the screen sit for around 7 minutes and nothing changes.

The USB is a 16gb 2.0 drive.
There are no options for USB except for Boot mode which is set to Legacy as UEFI will not work.
I've tried both ports left and right.
I've let the screen sit for around 7 minutes and nothing changes.

Make sure you partition the 16GB drive with only an 8GB partition.

Also, see edit to post #255 for other ideas...

Yeah, tried everything mentioned earlier including all of post #255.

Guess this laptop just doesn't like OSX.
Funny how it costed more than a MBA... =_=

Yeah, tried everything mentioned earlier including all of post #255.

Guess this laptop just doesn't like OSX.
Funny how it costed more than a MBA... =_=

Note: Moved off-topic posts to separate thread.

You haven't tried Clover yet.

There's a post in pcbeta.com talking about this too. No success ever on this laptop yet.

Also Lenovo Y400, Y500, E420. These are laptops that can't be installed either, you'll get exactly the same outcome as Acer S7 does. they just don't like OS X :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back