Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is the only choice that has a chance of working. DPCIManager does not show a codec; is audio enabled in the BIOS? No audio until a codec shows up.

If i cant get audio working in Mavericks, do you think this board has a chance of audio in Mountain Lion?

No, the reason it is not working in Mavericks will be the same reason audio won't work in ML.

is there anything i can do to help you help me? i have never had this problem before on a hackintosh... this is actually the last thing i expected to have problems with

...stupidpost...

No, the reason it is not working in Mavericks will be the same reason audio won't work in ML.

hey toleda I'm sorry to keep bothering you and replying to the same post you made, but i realized a few things just now.

I have went into the bios and changed the Audio setting from "auto" to, "enabled" and updated to 10.9.3 (Idk if that makes any difference)

I have seen your guide on Github, about getting Realtek ALC887 enabled, but I honestly cannot figure out the guide fully. Do i just "download Zip" and run Patchcommand for my version of osx and reboot? or is there more to it? Should i download certain other kexts you are hosting or just the main zip file?

Earlier, I tried downloading HDAEnabler1.kext and installing it with Kext wizard but i still have no sound. Not sure if I was supposed to do that.

I still have a copy of the original AppleHDA kext on my desktop so I think i can try again without having to reinstall combo update. Please reply as soon as you can I would really appreciate it.

just bumping this thread thanks

I have seen your guide on Github, about getting Realtek ALC887 enabled, but I honestly cannot figure out the guide fully. Do i just "download Zip" and run Patchcommand for my version of osx and reboot? or is there more to it? Should i download certain other kexts you are hosting or just the main zip file?
As stated previously, the codec has to show up in DPCIManger/Status. It does not mater what method, what kext, what OS X version; no codec, no audio.

Try a fresh install, reply with IOReg.

As stated previously, the codec has to show up in DPCIManger/Status. It dos not mater what method, what kext, what OS X version; no codec, no audio.

Try a fresh install, reply with IOReg.

hey toleda i ended up getting it working just now I'm so relieved!!! when you said no codec no audio it clicked i had turned off "intel hd graphics" in the bios, and i figured that it may be connected to the audio in some way. After enabling it i was able to see a codec installed in system info. I just ran multi beast and installed current 887 audio driver and i have sound now!!! Thanks for your help!

I have ALC887_v100302 with your kext installed in Multibeast 6.3. I wanna use surround sound (5.1) but the problem is that VLC cannot play with 5.1. I only play 5.1 with app Mac Bluray Player and XBMC. Surround sound in VLC only plays 4 channels (Front L/R and Rear L/R) not Center and Subwoofer. Thanks for ur support.

Hello,

I've been trying to solve a problem regarding sound output, but I have still not got any results. This is why I'm reporting it now.
I'm currently unable to receive any sound out of the jacks (motherboard and case), and nothing either from a HDMI connection.
I'm running OSX Mavericks 10.9.3. The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z87M-D3H. Processor is an Intel core i7 4770K. As for graphics, I currently use Intel Graphics 4600 only.

Regarding the procedure I followed, it is the one explained in this post aswell perhaps another one posted on this forum. But it didn't solve my problem either =/

I would be really thankful if you could have a look at the attachments, and hopefully figure out what is wrong with my system.

Yours faithfully,
K.

P.S.: For some reasons, the kext file was greyed out and I couldn't upload it.

View attachment Yorozuya DPCImanager Bootlog.pdf View attachment Yorozuya Console All Messages.log View attachment org.chameleon.Boot.plist View attachment dsdt.aml View attachment DPCI manager capture.tiff View attachment Yorozuya IO Jones .iojones View attachment Yorozuya system info audio 01.tiff View attachment Yorozuya system info audio 02.tiff View attachment Yorozuya’s Mac Pro.ioreg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back