Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something important is in the wrong place. Prebuilt Kernel cache is invalid for boot.

?? So far as I know, only kernel cache is in the Apple system folders. Is another somewhere - maybe getting loaded with Clover?

Really strange is if I boot without caches and without injected kexts I get sound, but if I boot without caches only I get no sound. This is making no sense to me.

Going to disconnect the Win8.1 drive ad start over, I think, but it will have to wait until next weekend. Gotta be in my office at 5:00 AM tomorrow and it is about 7:00 now, so gotta quit.

Thanks for the help. We were doing great until the Win8.1 drive entered the loop. I am glad I don't dual boot with all drives hooked up all the time anymore. Nite all.

No Audio, Need help.

Hardware:

Gigabyte H67N-USB3-B3, Rev 1.0, BIOS F8, Intel i5-3770K, HD 3000
4GB x2
Western Digital 1 TB "WD Blue"

Installation:

OSX 10.9.2
Clover r2636, (Legacy Mode) and (Custom Install: BIOS-Only Systems) settings is used.

I am using DSDT-GA-H67N-USB3-B3-F7-HDMI.aml from Tonymac's DSDT Database. I
Changed the name to DSDT.aml

My:

1. EFI/Clover/config.plist
  2. EFI/Clover/misc/debug.log (Set config.plist/Boot/Debug/YES)
  3. EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched/dsdt.aml

..is Located: HERE
    or here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dipy4a8t3xdc1i3/AACueBnpQ2CyVQERjTHD1lcRa

My BIOS settings
photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpgphoto 3.jpg

All the other details in this configuration.
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 5.15.02 PM.png

I did this:
Code:
Clover Patched AppleHDA - Installation
  1. https://github.com/toleda/audio_CloverALC
    1. Select Download ZIP
  2. Clover/config.plist (Use Clover Configurator, Xcode, Property List Editor, etc.)
    1. Open Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/config-audio_cloverALC.plist
       1. Double click to open zip
    2. EFI/Clover/config.plist/Add
       1. Devices/Audio/Inject/Layout 1  
       2. KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA/Resources/xml>zml
       3. KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/AppleHDA/RealtekALC889
       4. Save
  3. Install realtekALC.kext
    1. Copy Downloads/audio_CloverALC-master/realtekALC.kext 
       to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.9/realtekALC.kext
       1. Double click to open zip
  4. Install layouts and Platforms (Terminal output below)
    1. Downloads/audio_ALCxxx-master/cloverALC/audio_cloverALC889-92_patch.command
    2. Double click audio_cloverALC889-92_patch.command 
       1. Do not move folder or file
    3. Enter password at prompt
  5. Restart

I did the same process to the USB i start the computer from.
I have to start from the USB because of a "Boot0af error" that I can't get rid of.

This is All the information. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong? Or what I need to do? or, can an admin Screenshare with me?

Thank You

You do not understand; has nothing to do with my willingness. Do the research. Good luck.

I am just a little confused as to why the audio was working at one point, but following the same steps again did not allow it to work.

Oh well, guess I will go with a supported sound card for the time being.

No sound on my 10.9.2 Install. There is no input / output devices found! Tried installing about 5 of the Realtec Audio Kexts in multi beast and 1 Voodoo HDA Kext, tried modifying AppleHDA.kext nothing is working. I think i messed up the AppleHDA Kext not sure... Here is my build / info... any ideas?

Intel I3 4130 Haswell Processor
Gigabyte Z87-DS3H Motherboard
Asus GT 630 Nvidia Graphics
8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600mhz
1TB Western Digital Desktop Drive 7200Rpm

looks like the driver this board uses is ALC 887... I attached all files as asked... Not sure what to do... someone point me in the right direction. Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    907.4 KB · Views: 76
  • Henry’s Mac Pro.iojones
    662.6 KB · Views: 99
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    827 bytes · Views: 244
  • iojones.png
    iojones.png
    575.3 KB · Views: 146
  • dcpmanager.jpg
    dcpmanager.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 132
Works as designed. If there is no audio enabler (kext, dsdt, ssdt or bootloader) there is no audio.
So, given some random hacky-happy hardware and a non-adapted Mac OS X, how would each of these four stages technically enable audio? I roughly understand there's a mismatch between what the OS expects and what the hardware is, but I don't understand how DSDT, SSDT or bootloader can make audio happen. The kext is probably just a Mac OS X audio driver for the hardware in question. Or maybe just patched IDs to make the driver work with non-Apple hardware?

looks like the driver this board uses is ALC 887.
That is the only choice that has a chance of working. DPCIManager does not show a codec; is audio enabled in the BIOS? No audio until a codec shows up.

That is the only choice that has a chance of working. DPCIManager does not show a codec; is audio enabled in the BIOS? No audio until a codec shows up.

yes, I am pretty sure audio is enabled in Bios as sound is fully functional on Windows (it is a dual boot system). I have disabled the intel HD graphics, not sure if that makes a difference, the audio driver is not tied to that right? using an Nvidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back