Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, maybe my english is still not good enough...

Well my intention was to get AppleHDA work with my system, just confirming it has never worked isn't sort of a solution for me. I was wondering if I could somehow tweak the custom kext a bit to get it to work?

I'm OK with troublesome steps to take if that's what I have to do. If all else fails, then I'll try to patch my own kexts.

That is correct. Customize AppleHDA,kext, see Manual Speaker and Headphone Selection from Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA/More Information/2. M-Realtek ALC AppleHDA Customization.pdf.

Is what I am attempting to do possible? I read and was playing around with the KEXT but couldn't really get my ahead around it.

-Will

Hi Toleda,

I have no sound and in Preferences > Sound > Output it says "No output devices found". I have already installed the driver without DSDT for ALC 887 using multi beast and nothing.

Followed the steps in this guide and I realized that my Codec ID is not listed and I don't know what should I do next.

1) Mavericks 10.9
MOBO: ASUS P8H61-MLX3
CPU: Intel Core i7 3.39 GHZ
GRAPHICS: nVidia GTX 760 2GB

2) Used this guide until I saw that my codec was not listed, after that don't know how to proceed.

3, 5, 6) Attached.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Diego’s Mac Pro.ioreg
    2.7 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 3.37.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 3.37.50 PM.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 116
  • DSDT.aml.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 84
  • Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 3.54.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-11-28 at 3.54.04 PM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 147
  • All Messages.log
    79 bytes · Views: 114
Followed the steps in this guide and I realized that my Codec ID is not listed and I don't know what should I do next.
Realtek solution does not work on your VIA codec. Your choices are Voodoo, USB or HDMI audio.

I have been trying to follow your guide and I have been unsuccessful in getting audio to work: No Audio Devices

Motherboard: GA-Z87X-U3DH Bios version 7.
Processor I7-4770
Graphics: Nvidia 640GT
Installation: Clover Injection
AppleHDA version 2.5.2

All other requested information in attachment.

I see no Audio in Control panel.
The IOReg shows layout 01 00 00 00
The Codec is ALC 898
System Report has High definition entry

The only way I could get audio to work was to include a patched version of AppleHDA and HDAEnabeler1 in S/L/E, but that defeats the intention of having a clean OSX 10.9 install.

Adding those kexts to CLOVER/kexts/10.9 did not work.

The reports are of a new install of 10.9 and a new install of Clover. I only added kexts for Ethernet FakeSMC AppleIntelE1000e GenericUSBXHCI

Attachments

• report.zip
    575.3 KB · Views: 86
The only way I could get audio to work was to include a patched version of AppleHDA and HDAEnabeler1 in S/L/E, but that defeats the intention of having a clean OSX 10.9 install.
That is the only way non native audio works regardless of the bootloader. The edited AppleHDA.kext must be installed to S/L/E. You don't need the enabler if you set Clover/Config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject=1.

That is the only way non native audio works regardless of the bootloader. The edited AppleHDA.kext must be installed to S/L/E. You don't need the enabler if you set Clover/Config.plist/Devices/Audio/Inject=1.

Could you tell me how to determine if audio hardware is considered native? Maybe you could add something about this in your first post. It was not clear to me that I had to install AppleHDA in the case of non-native audio.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Audio now works (with the kexts in S/L/E)

Dijn

Could you tell me how to determine if audio hardware is considered native?
It is simple, there are no motherboards available currently with a native OS X audio codec. That is not expected to change anytime soon as the native codec is proprietary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back