Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes it did, With VoodooHDA on 10.9.
I can confirm the audio chip isn't broken because it's working in win 7.
What motherboard is it? Neither success matters, you confirmed AppleHDA.kext has never worked.

What motherboard is it? Neither success matters, you confirmed AppleHDA.kext has never worked.

Well, yeah.. Since I went through the process of install and verify, and still has an audio kext with no sound, I think it's reasonable to confirm that AppleHDA has never worked on this machine (my other machine has a 898 on z77, and AppleHDA is working perfectly, thumbs up for your great work :p).

This pc is an out of the box Dell XPS 9000 bought in 2010 (apart from the graphics card and the ssd), the mobo then is from dell, and they didn't mention much about the mobo when i bought it... So far the mobo has been pretty compatible with OS X. That's as far as i know now, is there anyway i can add more useful info?

I have Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H w/ ALC898. I installed the KEXT but i only get audio from the orange (c/sub) or black (rear) ports. I installed via Multibeast 6.0.1 and copied the KEXTs to the 10.9 folder in the Clover EFI.

View attachment William’s Mac Pro.ioreg

Nb308yf.jpg

Thanks
Will

I have Gigabyte Z87X-UD5H w/ ALC898. I installed the KEXT but i only get audio from the orange (c/sub) or black (rear) ports.
IOReg says Headphones are plugged in; unplug. If there are no headphones, front panel problem.

Also, yes, audio does come out of the headphone jack, but when i manually select the outputs i only get sound from other back ports and not the green one.
Headphone jack (front green) mutes rear green.

So i removed the jumper and now the green (rear) audio port works. I am running my hackintosh in an old PowerMac G5 case and using this cable (http://g5atxcables.weebly.com/g5-atx-adapter-cables.html) to get the front panel to work. Everything works but the headphone jack. The instructions say
Im aware some GIGABYTE Z68 and Z77 motherboards will need an audio sense jumper as explained HERE
. When i remove the jumper the headphone port doesn't work at all (can't even manually select the output). With the jumper i can select the headphones jack manually, but the rear L/R (green) port is disabled.

Any ideas?

Attached is IOReg without the jumper installed
View attachment William’s Mac Pro (no jumper).ioreg

rQlURwg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back