Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My build: GA-Z87MX-D3H (Realtek ALC892), i7 4771, Mavericks 10.9.4 w/ Chameleon

I downloaded the AppleHDA8Series.sh script and am following the instructions which say to run these two commands:

./AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA
./AppleHDA8Series.sh -b AppleHDA -b AppleHDAController

The first one works. But the second one encounters an error:

Copying AppleHDAController ...
Bin-patching AppleHDAController ...Warning: no match found for: __ZN18AppleHDAController17gfxMatchedHandlerEPvP9IOServiceP10IONotifier
Error: no match found for: __ZN18AppleHDAController18setupHostInterfaceEv

So I still do not get any audio. Any clues?

Thanks.

Here they are again. It's probably less than the information you need. Like I said, I'm a beginner and I don't understand how to get you the information for questions 4-10 in the IV. Problem Reporting section. I understand you're a busy person and don't have time to teach me how, but if you could at least point me in the right direction so I could learn how to answer those questions, that would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.34.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.34.03 AM.png
    119.5 KB · Views: 92
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.34.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 1.34.41 AM.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 109
Cinema Display does not use the onboard codec, it uses USB or DisplayPort. The latest MultiBeast always has the latest AppleHDA.kext. For MultiBeast settings, see Post #1/Installation, Mavericks: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda,

Thanks much!

I ended up walking through the "How to Use HDAEnabler module with Chimera" guide and everything seemed to be in place, so in my case I believe I just had to update the AppleHDA.kext. I was already using Chimera 3.0.1, the HDAEnabler1.kext and the HDAEnabler2.kext were not in the /System/Library/Extensions directory, the HDAEnabler.dylib file was in the /Extra/modules directory (I'm assuming because I was using Chimera 3.0.1 already) and /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist already had the HDAEnabler set to Yes and the HDEFLayoutID set to 01000000.

So I ran MultiBeast again, selected the Realtek ALC892 and installed and rebooted. Once done I had sound coming out of my speakers again!

Jeff

Description of problem:
No audio devices for input/output. see 2 screencaps (input and output devices)

System info:
OSX 10.9.4, Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P, BIOS version F6, i5 2500k, GeForce 480GTX

Procedure: I followed your instructions in the HDA guide -> ran latest multibeast, used multibeast, chose the needed flags for other stuff (pcirootuid = 1 and graphicsenabler=yes, don't think these are important but i'd rather be thorough. ), added driver for alc889 and for onboard lan (which is working fine).
Note, first time i ran i mistakenly selected alc887, but then reran with alc889 selected. Including attachment multibeast.mb.

There are no sound assertions in console (I am meant just to search for sound assertion/sound assertions right?), and i've included my dpcimanager screencap and system information. Somewhat concerningly, there is no intel high definition audio section besides the devices section.

Ive also included my chameleon boot plist as requested, as well as the boot log from DPCI manager. Looking through that, it does mention something about routing the audio through HDMI (which is something that once caused me issues in win7 with this machine). I'll keep digging, make sure i don't have any bios settings off.

Thanks in advance, man.

Attachments

• multibeast.mb
    4.9 KB · Views: 94
  • 01 - output devices.png
    01 - output devices.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 02 - input devices.png
    02 - input devices.png
    20.5 KB · Views: 98
  • iojones.iojone.iojones
    527.1 KB · Views: 109
  • ioreg.iore.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • AppleHDA.kext.zip
    854.3 KB · Views: 69
  • dpcimanager.png
    dpcimanager.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 125
  • systeminfo.png
    systeminfo.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 119
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    502 bytes · Views: 70
  • bootlog.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 117
As far as I can tell it's enabled?
I've grabbed a photo of all the relevant bios panes. I went through the whole bios and don't see an option for HDaudio, do you mean azalia codec? I've got that set to auto (only option besides disabled). Otherwise I must have missed it, any idea which page it would be under?

Attachments

• advanced.jpg
    advanced.jpg
    565.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IntegratedPeripherals.jpg
    IntegratedPeripherals.jpg
    942.2 KB · Views: 125
  • power.jpg
    power.jpg
    971.3 KB · Views: 129
  • Standard.jpg
    Standard.jpg