Contribute
Register

Mavericks: No Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should i test Others?
1) should i patch multibeast AppleHDA.kext too using this page
2) is my DSDT posted before good for HDMI audio?
Yes, test all ports
No, can't patch a patched kext. Yes, native kext.
No, use native dsdt

IT WORKSSS!
After three nights of working i can confirm that IGPEnabler flag in boot config file was my problem!
I needed to remove it.
For other people who have the same problem with HD4000 on Gigabyte Motherboard (can control volume but no volume at all) you need to inject hd4000 usi an efi string.
For Toleda if you want to discover why it does not work i can do any test for you.
I attach to this post working and not working boot config file.

Thank you all!
Bye

Attachments

• OLDNOTWORKINGorg.chameleon.Boot.plist
    702 bytes · Views: 164
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    957 bytes · Views: 329
IT WORKSSS!
After three nights of working i can confirm that IGPEnabler flag in boot config file was my problem!
Graphics has no effect on onboard audio. Solution is not related to the problem and not recommended on any system.

Graphics has no effect on onboard audio. Solution is not related to the problem and not recommended on any system.

Same clean (truly clean!) installation. Same kexts. Installed with org.chameleon.Boot generated from multi beast (attached file NOT WORKING). No audio only control.
Changing org.chameleon.Boot with one posted before with EFI strings, clear caches and it works like a charm.
I'm so sorry that you cannot tell me why it is so, but i think that other people can give a try to this method and be sure that your modded kexts are the best of the last two years in my opinion :)
Thank you for all. THANK YOU.

Same clean (truly clean!) installation. No audio only control.
There is no connection between onboard audio and graphics. If you want to inject a framebuffer, there are several methods far better than property type injection.

After the 10.9.2 update (installed using the combo updater), my audio (everything) just stopped working after sleep. After a reboot, audio worked again. Then my system went to sleep and audio hasn't worked since. I tried reinstalling the DSDT-free audio kext with Multibeast 6.2.1; that didn't help. Then I removed AppleHDA and HDAEnabler 1 & 2 from /S/L/E, rebooted, reinstalled audio with Multibeast, then rebooted again. No dice.

Here's the required information, if there's anything you can do to help. Meanwhile, I may try one of the other injection methods to see if that works.

Description of audio problem: see above
OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphic Mavericks 10.9.2 / Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / UEFI BIOS U1d / Intel Core i5-2500 / nVidia GeForce GT640
Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version: Used Multibeast 6.2.1, checked setup with guide in this thread / AppleHDA.kext v2.6.0-toledaALC889
Extra/dsdt.aml: N/A
Copy of IOReg: attached
Console/All Messages/kernel Sound assertions: attached
Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio: attached

UPDATE [SOLVED]: I made a second pass at the SSDT injection, reading the guide more closely. This time it worked. When I made the first attempt, I was under the impression that the SSDT-1.aml alone enabled AppleHDA. When I re-read the guide, it made more sense to me and I saw that I also had to patch AppleHDA.kext, which I had to first restore to stock by reinstalling the combo update. It remains to be seen yet whether the audio will still work after sleep, but since very few others have reported such a problem, I suspect it will be OK.

UPDATE #2 [THE PROBLEM IS BACK]: Well, I was mistaken. After the system went to sleep, the audio is no longer working after waking up. The audio still appears to be there (i.e. the device shows up in System Preferences/Sound, System Information, DCPIManager, etc.), but it simply produces no sound. Nothing. Zip. Nada. Silence. This is a new problem that only showed up with the Mavericks 10.9.2 update.

Attachments

• Intel HDA info.png
    Intel HDA info.png
    147.1 KB · Views: 185
  • kernel_sound_assertions.txt
    850 bytes · Views: 195
  • nobodynose.ioreg
    4.7 MB · Views: 95
  • DCPIManager_Audio.png
    DCPIManager_Audio.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 150
I re-installed sound drivers only with previous MultiBeast 6.1 and it worked for me.

After the 10.9.2 update (installed using the combo updater), my audio (everything) just stopped working after sleep. After a reboot, audio worked again. Then my system went to sleep and audio hasn't worked since. I tried reinstalling the DSDT-free audio kext with Multibeast 6.2.1; that didn't help. Then I removed AppleHDA and HDAEnabler 1 & 2 from /S/L/E, rebooted, reinstalled audio with Multibeast, then rebooted again. No dice.

Here's the required information, if there's anything you can do to help. Meanwhile, I may try one of the other injection methods to see if that works.

Description of audio problem: see above
OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphic Mavericks 10.9.2 / Gigabyte GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 / UEFI BIOS U1d / Intel Core i5-2500 / nVidia GeForce GT640
Procedure/Guide Used/AppleHDA.kext version: Used Multibeast 6.2.1, checked setup with guide in this thread / AppleHDA.kext v2.6.0-toledaALC889
Extra/dsdt.aml: N/A
Copy of IOReg: attached
Console/All Messages/kernel Sound assertions: attached
Screenshot of System Information/Hardware/Audio/Intel High Definition Audio: attached

I re-installed sound drivers only with previous MultiBeast 6.1 and it worked for me.

OK, I'll certainly give that a try, and report the results back here.

UPDATE: The Multibeast 6.1 sound drivers did not work for me. I guess I'll order a cheap USB audio adapter to tide me over until (hopefully) this problem is resolved.

Then my system went to sleep and audio hasn't worked since.
IOReg shows audio is working. The sound assertions are normal (HDMI audio codec not configured, maxbootbeepvolume). Since the IOReg and DCPIManager screenshot are not from the same boot, they are meaningless taken together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back