Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

Once I drop ssdt I got panic (Still waiting for root device)No matter I installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext or not 螢幕快照 2014-07-15 上午1.04.19.pngView attachment ssdt.aml

Hey everyone. I'm having an issue and I'm hoping someone can help me. So I followed toledo's guide to a T - or to the best of my ability - and what results is an unbootable system afterwards. I'm wondering whether I've done something wrong or whether there's a fluke I'm experiencing. Anyways, after compiling the SSDT for my system using "./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3" for my i7 3770k I'm not able to boot into the desktop... what I get is the Apple logo with the circular indicator that spins indefinitely.

Procedures I took:
- Installed AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementInfo.kext
- Dropped SSDT Oem first time around (No boot), Retried by dropping CpuPm/Cpu0Ist only (No boot also)
- Ran "./ssdtPRGen.sh -w 3" both times with same exact result.

My setup:
- Z77X-UD5H F14
- R9 280X
- i7-3770k
- OS 10.9.4
- Clover Bootloader

P.s. I've attached my DSDT, the SSDT I compiled, the IOReg/Terminal data I grabbed before I compiled, and my clover config plist.

Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• IOReg Data.ioreg
    3 MB · Views: 99
  • SSDT.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 106
  • config.plist
    4 KB · Views: 285
  • DSDT.aml
    44.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Terminal Output.pdf
    17.6 KB · Views: 196
With the ssdt installed boot -v and reply with the lines showing when the boot hangs.

Following what you said, these are images of where it halts in -v when I place SSDT in /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched. I tried it three times with the idea that maybe it hung at different stops different times. Here are the results...

Attachments

• IMG_1882.jpg
    IMG_1882.jpg
    830.8 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1926.jpg
    IMG_1926.jpg
    671.3 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_1946.jpg
    IMG_1946.jpg
    796.6 KB · Views: 112
Use imac14,2.
See Post #1 regarding MSRDumper.
CPU PM is working.

I used Imac 14.2, now I'm on MacBook Pro 11.1. To go back on Imac 14,2 or???
Images and IOReg i sent is from MBPro smbios.

In AICPMINFO.Kext with MacBook Pro it show8, 21, 34, 36, 38 PSTATE in brackets, on Imac 14.2 only 8, 34, 36, 38!
Am I wrong in reading or does only PSTATES in brackets works that AICPMINFO.KEXT show or all pstates work?

I trashed MSRDumper and DPCI Manager...

Few more questions, please!

Do I have to use flag -xcpm in OCBP?

Also I have noticed this MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT......(0x1AD) : 0x26262626???
Do I need to set Bios according to Piker (https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2014/05/26/major-breakthrough-for-power-management/) and first turbo or everything is OK?

Thanks in advance Toleda!

In AICPMINFO.Kext with MacBook Pro it show8, 21, 34, 36, 38 PSTATE in brackets, on Imac 14.2 only 8, 34, 36, 38!

Do I have to use flag -xcpm in OCBP?

Also I have noticed this MSR_TURBO_RATIO_LIMIT......(0x1AD) : 0x26262626???
Every p stated listed is available, PM does not use all states available. The brackets mean that p state was in use at the point in time the sample was taken.

I have never used -xcpm.

The turbo limit reported is not factory. Post #1 suggests Optimized Defaults as the starting point. After PM is working, change whatever you want.

Power management has loaded before it stops. Graphics is not loading. Boot -x.

Appreciate the replies toleda. Still trying to work through it, but no go. Booting in safe mode renders the same result, or so it seems. You mentioned graphics weren't loading for me, why would that be and/or how can I fix that?

Attachments

• IMG_1954.jpg
    IMG_1954.jpg
    569.6 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1955.jpg
    IMG_1955.jpg
    729.5 KB · Views: 117
Back