Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

1. System immediately wakes up after sleep.
2. No XCPM when I search Console
3. No X86PlatformPlugin in IOReg
Not related to PM
Sandy Bridge does not use XCPM
No dsdt/SBUS, see Post #901.

Hi. I'm having trouble getting my full Native PM working under Mavericks.
Attached SSDT-0 is damaged and unusable. Attached SSDT-1 is not loading.
ssdtPRGen.sh: use Beta branch
Start over.

Attached SSDT-0 is damaged and unusable. Attached SSDT-1 is not loading.
ssdtPRGen.sh: use Beta branch
Start over.

Hi toleda and thank you for helping me with this.

You were right; SSDT was damaged. The newest beta (which I was using all the time, sorry giving you misinformation) outputs ssdt.dsl which I had foolishly simply renamed to SSDT.aml. Now that I redid the script and converted it with iasl, Clover bootloader tells me the SSDT (both CPU and LPC) was applied. I made SSDT without any flags. "X86PlatformPlugin" shows up in IOReg and "IOPM: XCPM" mode shows up in console log. Also AppleLPC kext is loaded (checked with kexstat)

However still all the P-states are not enabled, states 9-13 are missing as is evident in AICPUPM.

My BIOS settings are still the same "Default/Disable VT-d/Disable IGPU".

FWIW I noticed this piece in Clover bootlog:

Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  Drop table 0 signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="CpuPm" (0000006D50757043)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  set table: 54445353,       6D50757043 to drop:[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  Drop table 1 signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="Cpu0Ist" (0074734930757043)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  set table: 54445353,   74734930757043 to drop:  true[/FONT]

Don't know if that means the CpuPm drop table isn't working.

Thanks for looking into this.

Attachments

• Power Gadget.png
    Power Gadget.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 116
  • SSDT-1.aml
    148 bytes · Views: 126
  • SSDT.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 140
  • Clover bootlog.log.txt
    17.8 KB · Views: 146
  • config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IOReg.ioreg
    4 MB · Views: 119
  • AICPUPMI.txt
    7.8 KB · Views: 110
However still all the P-states are not enabled, states 9-13 are missing as is evident in AICPUPM.

FWIW I noticed this piece in Clover bootlog:
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  Drop table 0 signature="SSDT" (54445353) table-id="CpuPm" (0000006D50757043)[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]2:811  0:000  set table: 54445353,       6D50757043 to drop:[/FONT]
What is running?
Don't have SSDT/CpuPm, you have SSDT/CpuSsdt
System only, new IPG and AICPUPMI

What is running?

OS? 10.9.5. Bootloader? Clover 4.25 r3330. Hope I understood the question.

Don't have SSDT/CpuPm, you have SSDT/CpuSsdt
That's strange. The SSDT I used was indeed SSDT/CpuPm. After you mentioned this, I also added the SSDT/CpuSsdt (as SSDT-1). Both patch successfully, yet the result is the same (AICPUP w/out iGPU). SSDT-2 is the LPC.

System only, new IPG and AICPUPMI
I presume you're asking to me give you an AICPUPM without SSDTs and iGPU enabled. I've yet to figure out how to boot iGP enabled (it freezes on startup). Since AICPUPMI shows up on the log I can give what it shows during boot (before the system hangs). That's "AICPUPM w/ iGPU".

Attachments

• SSDT-2.aml
    148 bytes · Views: 85
  • SSDT-1.aml
    2.9 KB · Views: 109
  • Clover bootlog.log.txt
    17.9 KB · Views: 143
  • AICPUPM w:out iGP.txt
    5.7 KB · Views: 126
  • AICPUPM w: iGP.txt
    8 KB · Views: 135
  • SSDT.aml
    1.8 KB · Views: 97
Completely wiped my HDD clean and reinstalling OS X -

running into this error with the ssdtPRGen.sh beta -

ssdtPRGen.sh v0.9 Copyright (c) 2011-2012 by † RevoGirl v6.6 Copyright (c) 2013 by † Jeroen
v16.5 Copyright (c) 2013-2015 by Pike R. Alpha
-----------------------------------------------------------
Bugs > https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues <

/Users/Tom/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 3406: /Users/Tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Models.cfg: No such file or directory
System information: Mac OS X 10.11.2 (15C50)
Brandstring 'Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz'

gModelDataVersion:
/Users/Tom/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2707: /Users/Tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Ivy Bridge.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/Tom/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2718: /Users/Tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Haswell.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/Tom/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2729: /Users/Tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Broadwell.cfg: No such file or directory
/Users/Tom/ssdtPRGen.sh: line 2740: /Users/Tom/Library/ssdtPRGen/Data/Skylake.cfg: No such file or directory
Scope (_PR_) {220 bytes} with ACPI Processor declarations found in the DSDT (ACPI 1.0 compliant)
Generating ssdt.dsl for a 'iMac14,2' with board-id [Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61]
Haswell Core i7-4790K processor [0x306C3] setup [0x0705]
Processor NOT matched, checking required arguments!

Error: Low Frequency Mode is 0 ...
Aborting ...
Done.

Alrighty, I'm back.

Wiped HDD clean - installed using new copies of everything. Reset BIOS and bridged the BIOS reset terminals on the Mobo just to be safe.

Installed OS X 10.10.2 with Unibeast, ran Multibeast afterward.

Running Clover 3320 (should I update to 3330?)

Started with a fresh config.plist, added my old SMBIOS data in.

Installed Intel Power Gadget, then the other utilities, then the nVidia driver (I am now running a 980Ti).

From there I followed the instructions to a T - except I couldn't generate a new SSDT as the new beta seems to be broken, so I just reused the old one that I posted last time. New files are posted as requested.

Feels like I'm missing something major as others have it working with my same build... No idea what though o_O

New Files:

View attachment stiligFoxPM.zip

Completely wiped my HDD clean and reinstalling OS X -

running into this error with the ssdtPRGen.sh beta -

If the script isn't downloading the additional files (which is elementary in preventing the "CPU not recognized" error) the ssdtPRGen github site has instructions in how to download them manually; bunch of terminal commands.

Hope I understood the question.

That's strange. The SSDT I used was indeed SSDT/CpuPm.

I presume you're asking to me give you an AICPUPM without SSDTs and iGPU enabled.
Was not clear, what is running requests what apps are running. IPG showed a busy system; only way to get low p states is when nothing other the system processes are running. Activity Monitor shows what is running.

Native BIOS/SSDT/CpuPm does not exist, cannot be dropped. CpuSsdt does exist and can be dropped.

Did not request removing ssdts for any PM testing. Requested new IPG with only system processes running.

Back