Contribute
Register

Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

How can I get Native CPU power management working properly on my overclocked (4.4) 2500k based hackintosh running Mavericks??
See Post #1, optimized defaults and native PM. OC is OT.
Start a new thread or search the forum.

My HD4000 only works between 350mhz and 650mhz, but in really it can works 1.15ghz, we need help, i attach all need. My computer is Lenovo Y580, i7 3630m, HM76, 8gb ram

Attachments

• Jimmi info.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
My HD4000 only works between 350mhz and 650mhz, but in really it can works 1.15ghz, we need help, i attach all need. My computer is Lenovo Y580, i7 3630m, HM76, 8gb ram, Yosemite 10.10.4

EDIT:

I've finished this guide and verified SSDT to be installed and active as suggested in the guide. The strange thing here is that I seemed to have perfectly working power management even before I did this guide but with a few exceptions in the verification that it's working. With the ssdt in place everything verifies fine but instead I get some weirdness in speed-stepping during idle. This is how it turns out with and without ssdt:

WITHOUT the ssdt in place (as in without doing anything, apart from switching to imac 14,2 from pro 3,1):
Every verification in the guide checks APART from not finding "IOPPF: XCPM mode" in the console but only "XCPM: registered" AND not finding the X86PlatformPlugin node in IOreg. The reason it's not found is due to an error in console saying "Can't get X86PlatformPlugin, return value 0". Speed-stepping still works as well as sleep/wake and everything looks ok apart from NOT seeing the black turbo line in Intel Power Gadget. Idle speed-stepping looks perfect down at around 0,9ghz.

WITH the ssdt in place and successfully verified:
Idle speed-stepping seems odd, hovering at around 2ghz instead of 0,9ghz at idle load (verified with activity monitor). The black turbo line in the intel power gadget tool still does NOT show here either but everything works as expected apart from that.

Therefore it seems like a negative thing to have the SSDT in place due to the strange idle speed-stepping. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and what I could do? It's a i7-4790k on a Gigabyte ga-z97mx-gaming 5. I've set profile to imac 14,2. With pro 3,1 set, the ssdt-creation script complains about system-type being wrong. Latest multibeast, 10.10.4.

Also, both with and without the ssdt, my cpu lists as 4,3ghz in "about this mac" and 4,4ghz in system report when it should be 4,0ghz (4,4ghz WITH turbo). I assume this relates to Chimera though rather than SSDT. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Question: Prepare SSDT:
I got unexpected results from this:

2 Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/Download ZIP
Terminal:
cd Downloads/ssdtPRGen.sh-master
sudo chmod 755 ssdtPRGen.sh
./ssdtPRGen.sh
n
n

I kept getting Directory not found with terminal. But, I did run the app in the downloads folder. It put a SSDT.aml file in /Users/Library plus a few others like DSDT.aml.

So, can I use this SSDT.aml and put it in the appropriate place in the EFI folder?

Hi everyone,

Pff, crazy stuff with this Power Management for me, I'm still trying to understand how to do it.
I setup my first Hackintosh now 3 weeks ago, and everyday I'm trying to make it better and to solve issues.
At this point i can say that runs great, but i have noticed that my Power States are not that good.

For example:
About GPU: If i use the OS X default driver, when i open the apps like Preview app, the GPU remains at the maximum State, and i should restart to throwback (as well happens if display-sleeps, after woke full State) Any idea why? Can be from GPU Power management?
-But with nVidia driver i don't have this problem anymore when i open apps or run benchmarks, only if display-sleep, same problem.
(Sorry if i did Off Topic, I'm just asking... maybe someone can give me some tips)

Back to CPU, i don't know what should i say, the CPU is changing the States, but runs mostly between 2-4Ghz, and throws back to 700-800MHz for 1 second some times (HWMonitor).

Here 2pics with Intel Power Gadget:

This one was while i was browsing on this Forum:
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 01.06.47.png

This one doing nothing:
Screen Shot 2015-08-18 at 01.26.17.png

It is normal to be like this?... based on my knowledge i think it should not be like this.
I have Installed Yosemite via Clover.
I do not use DSDT/SSDTs.

Thanks,

Back