i7
Graphics
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well after using Mountain Lion for the last year or so I decided to upgrade my box with Mavericks.

Installation was pretty painless with the unibeast and multi beast but am having a few small problems.

Audio - Tried installing the file in multi beast which gives me all the sound options in system prefs however I don't get any audio from the headphone jack. Have tried several kexts now but I either get no outputs at all in prefs, or no actual sound output.

Network - Again patched in multi beast but my ethernet isn't coming up in the list. Im using wireless so isn't causing me too many problems but would like to get the ethernet adapter installed to get it back to en0 to hopefully fix my iMessage problems.

I have tried a few re-installs but seem to get the same problem every time unfortunately.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Well after using Mountain Lion for the last year or so I decided to upgrade my box with Mavericks.

Installation was pretty painless with the unibeast and multi beast but am having a few small problems.

Audio - Tried installing the file in multi beast which gives me all the sound options in system prefs however I don't get any audio from the headphone jack. Have tried several kexts now but I either get no outputs at all in prefs, or no actual sound output.

Network - Again patched in multi beast but my ethernet isn't coming up in the list. Im using wireless so isn't causing me too many problems but would like to get the ethernet adapter installed to get it back to en0 to hopefully fix my iMessage problems.

I have tried a few re-installs but seem to get the same problem every time unfortunately.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Could your answer be here? Exactly the same motherboard.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...5m-d3h-i3-3225-8gb-hd-4000-temjin-tj08-e.html

Unfortunately not Charlie.

That was the original build I based my system on, and I even tried to use the same info for multi beast. But it appears that Thierry has since sold the system on and moved onto another build so the thread has gone quiet.

Thanks Charlie,

I managed to get to the bottom of the audio, It was a loose connection for the plug on the motherboard!

The ethernet is the only thing that is problematic now. It just won't show up in the network preferences. Ive tried multiple kexts but none seem to work for me. The only options I get are Wi-Fi, Bluetooth PAN and Bluetooth DUN??

After doing a bit of digging I noticed that the kext isn't loading up with OSX. The IOnetworkingfamily is but the actual kext itself isn't loading up..

Anyone got any ideas?

After doing a bit of digging I noticed that the kext isn't loading up with OSX. The IOnetworkingfamily is but the actual kext itself isn't loading up..

Anyone got any ideas?

Are you using Clover? You can inject kexts if you are using the Clover boot loader, much simpler.

Unfortunately not.

im using Chimera on the latest Install.

I can install Chameleon though if needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back